Like Tree7Likes

nearest/cheapest air connection from HK to a extraordinary white sandy beach?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

nearest/cheapest air connection from HK to a extraordinary white sandy beach?

Ever since I can remember it's my childhood dream to go to an extraordinary white sandy beach (like you can find on the Maldives or something like that). Now, that I go to HK for 5 month I thought that it's easier and cheaper to go to such a place as to go there from Germany, where I live at the moment.

My question: what is the nearest air connection from HK to an above mentioned beach (I know there are a lot of beautiful beaches in HK but not as great as on the Philippines or Maldives )? I read something about Philippines? How long does this flight takes? Does anybody has good experiences? And the most important thing... what's the cheapest way to fly there? I have to save money because I'm an intern in HK but maybe there's a possibility to go there with little money.

Thanks in advance!

If you time it right, Cebu Pacific and Air Asia will probably have the cheapest flights out of HK. Air Asia to Thailand and Cebu Pacific to the Phil...

from Germany it's easier to go to Cyprus in summer ,e.g.Agia Napa
    and to Red Sea in winter, Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh.
    from HK there are plenty of options

There are also come great beaches on Hainan Island which is actually possible to get to by train/bus from HK (although I think a domestic flight from Shenzhen is probably a heck of a lot more convenient!).

bryant.english likes this.

Tai Long Wan in HK - while the sea is not clear clear it does provide a lot for such a close from home place.

Dreadnought likes this.

puket and sanya seems to be cheapest flights

On a budget - fly to Bangkok and take a bus from Ekemai or Southern Bus Terminal to a variety of destinations. Or try to find a cheap flight straight to Phuket or Samui on Zuji or by surfing airlines sites. You can't beat Thailand for perfect beaches, especially if you go off the beaten track a little bit.

Check out: 旅遊熱賣:æ©Ÿç¥¨ï¼Œé ’åº—,è‡ªç”±è¡Œå¥—ç¥¨ï¼ æ—…è¡Œåœ˜,郵輪假期 | Travelzoo 香港特區 (use google and it can translate it for you)

I've used this to plan trips for myself back in the states, and have a lot of friends who use it.

I just ask a co-worker today (HK local) if they use it here and she said it's well known and popular.

This site typically has really good deals, but maybe someone can let us know how the deals are in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    There are also come great beaches on Hainan Island which is actually possible to get to by train/bus from HK (although I think a domestic flight from Shenzhen is probably a heck of a lot more convenient!).
    Hainan Island. My wife says this is where many local HKers vacation. Have you been? I think it could be very interesting.

http://www.freesanya.com/hainan.htm

This could be a top tip - thank you!
    Last edited by bryant.english; 25-01-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Tai Long Wan in HK - while the sea is not clear clear it does provide a lot for such a close from home place.
    The sea can be amazingly clear at Pak Lap, a bit further south. And there's a village house which rents rooms so you can stay the weekend.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast