Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best beer/cocktail deals in Hong Kong? Happy Hour specials welcome...

Best beer/cocktail deals in Hong Kong? Happy Hour specials welcome...

Hi all,

Come on, fellow beer lovers, spill your secrets! Who's got the best beer special, happy hour, unknown Chinese dive bar, or well-mixed but unassuming cocktail artisan that they want to share with fellow frugal GeoExpats?

So many bars in Central, Soho, LKF have Happy Hour, but some are far better than others - which are your favorites? I'm new to the area myself, but will post what I find tonight...

Live decent music gets bonus points.

- c

Banned

If you're very price-sensitive then the normal solution is Club 7-11.

The private clubs such as the FCC have very good all the time pricing on many items (wine from $25 / 150ml, standard spirits ~$25 with free (gun) mixer, beer bottles $20-$25). Some of them have live music too.

For Belgian Beer I like sitting outside the little kiosk called Groucho's on Stanley Waterfront - they have an excellent happy hour deal for regulars.

Otherwise it's the further away (often local) places that have really cheap beer - I often finish hikes at places like Luk Keng or Tai Mei Tuk where the beer is in the range $20-$28 for a 600ml bottle or a pint of draught. Resto's in the Gold Coast has a beer of the month always at $10 per bottle, and reasonable food (especially excellent value set lunch).

Oysters at LKF

Western Western Restaurant Oysters Bar & Restaurant's Overview - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

has a $10 Corona promotion every Tuesday, 6 - 9pm. The catch is you must pay each bottle with a $10 note (old or new is fine), no exceptions.

@PDLM
    I don't anything about the local private clubs, except that whenever I walk past the FCC I wish I were a member. How does one get to join, and what are the other clubs?

Last night I didn't find any discount deals per se, but the $80 cocktails at the pool complex of the Grand Hyatt are worth it considering the gorgeous facilities. Technically the pool closes at sundown, but a kind restaurant staff member let us swim last night past 10PM...

Anybody else?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by christolles
    whenever I walk past the FCC I wish I were a member. How does one get to join, and what are the other clubs?
    Details here: F C C I believe there's a few months waiting list for Associate members.

Well you can look for groupons... Sometimes they have AYCD specials or discounted drinks at bars/lounges...

I remember going to a Korean BBQ buffet in Causeway Bay and getting beers for about $12 a bottle a few years back. If you're not fussed about the brand of beer and drink enough then it can be a good deal. I mean the BBQ buffet costs about the same as 2-3 beers in LKF.

Surprised noone's mentioned some of the Wanchai stalwarts yet:

Amazonia has $25 pints of Carlsberg until 9. Others like Asahi, Blackthorns etc are no more than $30 a pint.

OCH and Queen Vic vie for crazy hour (arund $22 a pint) and happy hour ($27 a pint) until 10pm.

I had a bottle of San Mig Light in Boracay for $17 the other evening (before 9.30). On another night they were doing 2 4 1 of the same beer for $26.

The options are limitless.

6-8 pm crazy hour in JB's, $19 for a Bud, 20 something for a pint. then 8-10 pm happy hour.

Banned

funny here in N America, happy hours usually mean not so happy ie 4-6 pm After that its double the price. PS134

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast