Like Tree4Likes

How do you pick a wedding ring?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you pick a wedding ring?

Guys, just curious....how do you pick a wedding ring for your fiance? what process do u go through? google? word of mouth? please share your insights

Do you want to buy an engagement ring or wedding ring? If wedding ring then it is recommended to buy together since both of you have to wear the same style.

Platinum bands but a thin row of diamonds for your fiancé.

Koen likes this.

For engagement, my now husband just told me that he wanted to marry me and presented me with a box of chocolates and said we can choose later. We ummmed and ahhhhed, and looked at a few shops and rings, but the price and I was not happy with the designs. I have small fingers and a carat does not look classy . So yellow gold does not suit me at all, went to my family jeweller ( sadly now deceased) who knew exactly what suited me. White gold wedding ring with baguette diamonds and engagement ring to match/ fit. My husband preferred yellow gold for a wedding ring. So, it is what suits you individually. Maybe the intimate touch is having both your names and the date of wedding engraved inside both rings.

Engagement ring I chose myself. Wedding rings we chose together- took ages to find a pair that suited us both.

Thanks everybody. So do you get your rings in Hong Kong, or are your jewellers all overseas? How did you go about picking a jeweller?

Original Post Deleted
    This. You don't pick your partner's ring, you let her do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    This. You don't pick your partner's ring, you let her do it.
    you make it sound as if it was the only way...

I picked....wasn't that hard....if you know her well...it's really not very difficult.

Letting her pick is an option too but don't make it sound as if it was the bloody obvious (maybe wasn't your intention but it came across, at least to me, that way).
    Koen likes this.

Choosing an engagment ring yourself is obviously the nicest way to do it. The finance has to be very uptight not to love it whatever it looks like. The ring should IMO reflect you more than anything else.

Don't fret you can buy her plenty of jewelry she chooses herself later.

If it's diamond/s go for the best quality money can buy, even if you need a magnifying glass to see it. Clarity in the stone. If it's your first time you might want to look for "Forevermark" diamonds. You can be sure it's what you are paying for at least.

http://www.forevermarkdiamond.com/us/about-forevermark

The way I did it was I bought the rock from Blue Nile and then got the missus to design the ring herself. That way I picked the expensive bit and she got to design the ring to her tastes.

We used Ryder Diamonds to design the ring. They can also supply the rock for you, but I went down the Blue Nile route.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast