Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By East_coast
  • 1 Post By dear giant

Hong Kong needs more shopping malls

Closed Thread

Hong Kong needs more shopping malls

There was a well argued piece by Franklin Lam of HKGolden50 in the SCMP this week suggesting Government concrete pouring was missing the target.

Hong Kong Stock Market News | Hong Kong needs more shopping malls | SCMP.com

Last edited by East_coast; 24-02-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

Maybe you can post the content here.

"We have fallen behind, chiefly because we under-spent on hospitals, shopping malls, schools and housing, and our workforce and services," says Lam.
    I can get behind the need for more hospitals, schools (better facilities, smaller classes, etc.) and more, larger public housing units. I don't particularly think that we need more shopping malls, obviously.

Singapore's liberal immigration policies have been particularly effective. Its population rose by 15 per cent from 2004 to 2010, aided by the immigration of 490,000 people - 75 per cent of whom had postsecondary educations.
    Most of those migrants were Mainlanders (w/degrees of dubious worth from Mainland universities) and born-in-Sing Singaporeans are ... freaking out about the huge influx of Mainlanders.

I can definitely see why you would feel that way and I really do feel bad for you but I would still love to see property prices plunge to give most HKers more of a chance of living like human beings.

If you have children or plan on having them someday, imagine them being able to move out of your home before they turned forty and imagine their apartments being nicer and larger than your own.

That warms your heart, at least a little bit, doesn't it?

Renotommy likes this.

Is Marks and Spencer expensive over here compared to the UK then? Crikey, my old girl wont be happy to hear that when she comes to visit.