Like Tree302Likes

Roaming gangs of Mainlanders stealing children from Hong Kong shopping malls

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    is "no concrete evidence" not enough for you? what more do you want?

like I said to DG, all getting very silly.
    Stop twisting my words - I have already made it VERY clear what my own personal opinion is in this thread.
    YES, the statement is enough for me.
    But, aparently it is not enough for a lot of people. So what bad would come from putting more light on the case and rule out all potential worries ?
    There is something called damage control. And full disclosure is always a keystone in that process.
    You guys underestimate the term of fear - whether you feel it yourself or not. It is so easy to sit on a high horse and judge. In these current times it makes NOTHING better just saying that people is stupid for thinking this and that. What would help though was for some people to be responsible and actually educate people.
    It would be great to see these stories completely being shut down.
    Also, it would be great if hereafter there would be more education for kids (and their parrents) on what is facts, how to react in certain situations etc etc.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    I'll answer you after you tell me what you think about the HK police not informing the public about an at-large rapist -- even going so far as to ignore one victim's pleas to do so.
    I think that the police have a duty to catch criminals using their best judgement and not listen to whining victims who may have different motivations.

I will not second guess HK Police's motives for deciding to delay releasing of this information and support them 100%.

Now, can you answer my question please; you seem to imply that the police reports (released and in public) are somehow flawed and you are insinuating that they are lying. I'd like to hear your clarification.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

as someone who runs playgroups for very young children, i would like to know exactly what is going on.... because i am dealing with extremely paranoid parents.

to me, if it is an urban myth, great. good to know it. but that fact doesn't seem to be making itself known very well.

i think a little more information to clear up the matter entirely would be a good thing. maybe a definitive statement from police saying:

this is what was reported. after investigation, THIS is what we believe actually happened.

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I think that the police have a duty to catch criminals using their best judgement and not listen to whining victims who may have different motivations.

I will not second guess HK Police's motives for deciding to delay releasing of this information and support them 100%.

Now, can you answer my question please; you seem to imply that the police reports (released and in public) are somehow flawed and you are insinuating that they are lying. I'd like to hear your clarification.
    If your spouse had been attacked by the rapist during the time after the police knew of his existence and before they caught him, I wonder whether you would feel differently.

As for the boy from Aberdeen, the meat of the report is:

He was located in Lo Wu Border Control Point this evening.

He sustained no injury and no suspicious circumstances were detected.
    There's no hint of why he was about to cross over to the Mainland. There's also no mention of whether he was alone or accompanied by anyone.

It's very strange.

If two people can wriggle out of trouble after snatching a kid from a stroller (with the incident classified as a mistake or a misunderstanding) and the police have kept the public in the dark about crimes being committed (the rapes), then I want to know more about each of these cases than a limp "no suspicious circumstances" / "just a misunderstanding".
    Last edited by dear giant; 14-03-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    to me, if it is an urban myth, great. good to know it. but that fact doesn't seem to be making itself known very well.

i think a little more information to clear up the matter entirely would be a good thing.
    Yes. Exactly. I hope that it is all hysteria but for me to not worry and chalk it all up as rumors and tall tales, I would like to see more thorough reporting.
    WMDS likes this.

DG : you are going off the deep end with your ramblings. I asked you a simple question and you've done your best avoiding it with more ramblings.

Take a break, go for a walk, have a glass of water....Chill and relax man!
    You're talking like an unhinged nutter....

MovingIn07 likes this.

DG : you are going off the deep end with your ramblings. I asked you a simple question and you've done your best avoiding it with more ramblings.

Take a break, go for a walk, have a glass of water....Chill and relax man!
    You're talking like an unhinged nutter....
    If I sound like a nutter to you, imagine how you sound to me. From where I sit, you're talking like a bit of an idiot. You need a bit of fresh air yourself, methinks.

You've got no qualms about the police not warning people, for months, that there was a rapist prowling the streets.
    WMDS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    If I sound like a nutter to you, imagine how you sound to me. From where I sit, you're talking like a bit of an idiot. You need a bit of fresh air yourself, methinks.
    uh, huh...ok, fine.
    I'll answer you after you tell me what you think about the HK police not informing the public about an at-large rapist
    I answered your questions promptly; will you do me the same courtesy and answer it without further ramblings? Just a yes or a no would do.

Here it is again:
    The quote from the police (regarding Aberdeen boy) is this:
    Missing boy located

DG = a simple yes or no would suffice. Do you believe the police are telling the truth here?

uh, huh...ok, fine.

I answered your questions promptly; will you do me the same courtesy and answer it without further ramblings? Just a yes or a no would do.

Here it is again:
    The quote from the police (regarding Aberdeen boy) is this:
    Missing boy located

DG = a simple yes or no would suffice. Do you believe the police are telling the truth here?
    Are the police telling the truth when they report the following?
    He sustained no injury and no suspicious circumstances were detected.
    I believe that he sustained no injury. I believe that the second bit could be literally and completely true ... or true but weasel-wording.

If the kid told the officers who stopped him from crossing the border that he was being taken on an all-expenses-paid day trip to eat candy at a candy factory and play with toys by two nice men, already through the border control and hotfooting it out of view, whom he had met for the first time that day on the street in Aberdeen ... and the police officer was very credulous or there was a red-hot, cross-border investigation into child smuggling rings that was about to bust the whole thing wide open ... so long as the evildoers didn't get spooked ... I could envision that sort of line being included in a report when, to a reasonable third party, the circumstances that led to a ten year old kid almost crossing solo into the Mainland would be very suspicious.

Remember that the incident where a kid was taken out of his stroller by two strangers and carried away was classified as a misunderstanding.

It's totally possible that the boy had had an argument with his dad and was running away to, he thought, stay with a kinder granny/auntie on the Mainland.

Who knows?
    Last edited by dear giant; 14-03-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: typo
    WMDS likes this.

That was the longest yes or no answer I've seen in a long time...
    You live in your own fantasy world where you dream up all sorts of evil goings on,
    I'll stay in my own where logic, truth and rational thought work together... Better for my health that way.

I would suggest you try it, your stress levels will go way down.

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast