It was brought to my attention that some registered users in Geoexpat are in fact thieves!
Below is a list of steps which they try to grab money from you:
1. For some of us (below after "seller") put their items on sales in the classified; these thieves respond to your ad and tell you: I'm interested in your sales and I am ready to buy from you as soon as possible. Please email me at email@example.com"
2. When seller email back to these @gmail address, they will tell you they are fine with your selling price (without any negotiation) and they are ready to pick-up your goods
3. Then, they ask seller's bank account details or paypal details for the payment.
4. When seller tell them that seller would like to meet with them or speak with them to discuss the settlement details, they will tell the seller that they are working as a contractor in overseas and they will not able to meet or speak to the seller.
5. They will also tell the seller they will responsible for the pick-up by their shipping agent so that they will take care of all paper work so that won't be a problem for you
6. Once seller provided his/her bank account information or paypal details, there will be some suspicious-looking emails sent to seller’s mailbox and telling the seller that you have received a fund transfer receipt or confirmation. The transfer fund has approved by paypal or seller’s bank and the fund will be released to the seller subject the seller’s payment of the shipper fees.
7. The so-call confirmation / receipt will request the seller to make a fund transfer via Western Union to a shipper. Once your transfer has made, the selling proceed will be released by paypal / bank to the seller and the shipper will come to the pick-up address to collect the item
8. Of course, this all bullshit, these are thieves and trying to grab your money (i.e. the shipper fees).
9. This is very annoyance while (we) the seller are trying to sell items to a generous buyer
10. Below are a list of Geoexpa registered users who I suspect they are thieves: