Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By robertlempriere
  • 1 Post By PDLM

Buying Pet food online in Hong Kong

Thumbs up Buying Pet food online in Hong Kong

I did some online shopping with 貓糧,狗糧,寵物用 “,寵物食品- APE PET SHOP ... (I was buying cat food)

Background -
    I am simply a customer, I am in no way affiliated with this firm

The Bad
    * Their website is horrible

The Good
    * Good prices
    * No delivery charge
    * Fast, efficient service

My experience
    * ordered online at about 11:45 AM on Wednesday
    * received confirmation call at about Midday Wednesday
    * at this point, the very helpful staff asked me if I'd like delivery after 3pm or after 8pm .. THE SAME DAY!! incredible.. I said no, as I wasn't free
    * We arranged delivery for after 8PM Thursday
    * The delivery drive called me when he was on his way (very polite and friendly by the way)
    * Everything arrived in good order, clearly labeled receipt, all goods nicely packed

I have no experience with other online petfood vendors, but I can say I will certainly use apepet again.

貓糧,狗糧,寵物用 “,寵物食品- APE PET SHOP
    Master likes this.

Banned

Thanks for the reference. I might try them out. Especially for cat litter. It's such a pain to go buy cat litter all the time.

I usually buy Catsan though and I see they don't have. Any recommendations?

Banned

Wellcome's online shopping offers CatSan: Wellcome Delivers (and three other brands of cat litter).
    Master likes this.

Cat litter - the best I've found (value wise) is Wellcome in-store right now.
    You can buy 3.8L bags of the crystal stuff for $20 !!! regular price is about $38.
    Needless to say, I'm stocking up.. (it's cheaper in Wellcome than apepet)
    I've tried the Purina soil-type stuff, but it's terrible.. Makes such a mess everywhere.
    I find the crystals to be much tidier..

Banned

Excellent. Looks like I won't be carrying a few 9lt bags of catsan with me every other week anymore!

AIP

apepet.com

I use apepet.com for food orders too. Agree the site is horrible and you can't pay online which is a pain but if you place your orders by phone it's actually much easier. The prices are really good and you don't have to lug the stuff from shop to home.

Their prices for frontline are really good.

I've heard Whiskers N Paws are going to launch ecommerce soon. but they are more luxury, do not have the same basics as apepet.com

Address?

Do they have a store too? I need to buy a nest bed for my dog. Their website seems to list them, but as agreed the site is awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Roo20154
    Do they have a store too? I need to buy a nest bed for my dog. Their website seems to list them, but as agreed the site is awful!
    No they dont have a store, they just seem to have a warehouse up in the NT.

I use apeape as well, prices are cheaper and they deliver/lug bags and bags of dog food up to my front door.

The canidae lamb/rice 15lbs is going for hk310, I remember getting it for below hk300 but of course you get it delivered to your doorstep

I have started buying from a couple of online stores, one of which is UPet (uPet Online Store *** Welcome ***) and I found them to be pretty good also. They carry a very wide selection of products just like pet stores, but prices are much cheaper. To make the best out of these online shops, you definitely need to research a few and compare prices.