Catterys & Vets in HK

Closed Thread

Catterys & Vets in HK

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good cattery and vet in Hong Kong. I live in Ma Wan (park island) so someone out that way would be great.

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

There are many good vets in Hong Kong, mid levels animal clinic on mosque street, nine lives feline only hospital and vet clinic on Aberdeen street - both are in central. Creature comforts in shaukeiwan, HK island, for starters. Park island, sorry I cannot advise.

Re Catteries. Apart from Furrball, which sadly closed due to an unbelievable rent rise ( owner moved from HK as well) , as a cat owner / carer/ lover myself, I don't recommend Catteries here. If you have someone trustworthy who will home board your cat or drop into your home to play with and feed the cat twice a cat, then that is the best option. I do cat sit / home visit on Lantau island ( only kittens I home board) , but luckily, I have found two individual lovely ladies who love to have my cat stay with them, plus a trusted neighbour who also has two cats ( I look after when her and hubby are away) , and drops in to feed my fluffy one for short periods my husband and I are away ( overnight or two nights, max.) . If there is someone nearby who is reputable and reliable, then go for it. Also, there are a couple of pet hotels in Kowloon, but they are very expensive.

thanks for the info. dont really have anyone to look after our cat yet so will look into those places you mentioned and go from there. thanks again

I too looked into what there was in Hong Kong in terms of catteries. I was sadly dismayed. There are a few but the cages are so small, I just could not imagine putting mine in there for 2 weeks, there also seems a trend to allow them out and into a communal play area to exercise, I guess due to the small cages. I'm not keen as I think that can lead to infections etc..

There are quite a few professional cat sitters around. I have one booked for the summer. Ultimately I think they will be happier at home, they will certainly have more room.

Vets no problem there are some really good ones around.

hey thanks a lot for the info, yes it is proving difficult. might have to consider a cat sitter option if i cant find anything suitable. do you recommend one?

I have sent you a PM