Indian Cook

Closed Thread

Indian Cook

I'm looking for an Indian Cook that can come to my house and cook a vegetarian indian meal for 8-10 guests in November - does anyone know of a good indian cook? I've heard you can get an cook from some of the well known restaurants - anyone have any contacts or tel numbers they can pass on?

It depends on what type of Indian food that you would like... do you have specific dishes and/or regional tastes in mind?

Hi.. i am also looking for a domestic helper who can cook indian food..
    does anybody know such helper..
    Thanks.

indian helper/cook

Quote Originally Posted by amitkhungs:
    Hi.. i am also looking for a domestic helper who can cook indian food..
    does anybody know such helper..
    Thanks.
    call 27715855 her name is jessy and she stays in yau ma tei

Hi ,Even I am looking for someone wo can cook indian food.Please let me know if any of you know one.

I know this sounds a bit silly, but I am asking this with good intentions.

What foods would Indians cook at home that are regular / daily fair ?

I ask this because I have started to learn to cook authentic curries at home like Chicken Murghe, and beef masala, inc the naan breads etc .

Any nominations to what meals would be popular in Indian households, would be appreciated...

Thank you

The foods you mentioned are not cooked daily in Indian households.

Chapati's(made from wheat flour) ,different dals(lentils)cooked with tadka(mustard seeds in oil),rice,paratha's(wheat flour stuffed with different fillings like potato or cabbage or cauliflower),vegetables etc.Most of the indians are vegetarians,so chicken etc is once in two weeks affair.Of course there are exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by priyapravin:
    The foods you mentioned are not cooked daily in Indian households.

Chapati's(made from wheat flour) ,different dals(lentils)cooked with tadka(mustard seeds in oil),rice,paratha's(wheat flour stuffed with different fillings like potato or cabbage or cauliflower),vegetables etc.Most of the indians are vegetarians,so chicken etc is once in two weeks affair.Of course there are exceptions.

Thanks for your reply priyapravin,

I cooked the Masala and Butter Chicken curries, because I knew what they tasted like, so as a reference to compare what I was cooking, it actually worked out exactly to what I have eaten in Indian restaurants.

Now that I have had a crack at making a couple of commercial Indian recipes with excellent results, i want to branch out further, but with more culturally intrinsic dishes in mind.

I know that Indians, like Chinese, tend to have regionalised specialty foods, so it would be great to see some more recipe's or the names of the foods you would normally cook at home.

I've pretty much mastered Chinese, Italian, Greek, Lebanese and French cooking techniques, but Indian food for some reason always appeared intricately complex, but I am soon discovering that it isnt as difficult as I assumed.

Any further info with some names of the dishes, inc sweets, will be appreciated.

Again thank you
    Last edited by Skyhook; 03-01-2008 at 08:00 PM.

Skyhook

Like you I am hooked on cooking. I have seen your 4 blogs and impressed with what your cooking looks like.

As you say, India food is not that difficult. The challenge is the sheer number of different spices/ingredients.

I really do enjoy my cooking and happy to share some of my receipes with you. More meat based and not your restaurant type but happy to share with you.

PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Katanga:
    Skyhook

Like you I am hooked on cooking. I have seen your 4 blogs and impressed with what your cooking looks like.

As you say, India food is not that difficult. The challenge is the sheer number of different spices/ingredients.

I really do enjoy my cooking and happy to share some of my receipes with you. More meat based and not your restaurant type but happy to share with you.

PM me.

Thanks Katanga I'll take you up on your offer, its good to see someone else in here who enjoys cooking as well.

Thanks for the compliments regarding my cooking blogs, Its been awhile since I stuffed up a recipe , made the best Calzone's last weekend, but we ate them before I had a chance to take any photo's lol.