Hong Kong Taxi Relief Measures

Closed Thread

Hong Kong Taxi Relief Measures

Anyone got a link or a source for the so called relief measures that have been announced specially for taxis? I'm hoping its not a bad 27th of April fools day joke someone is playing on me.

Excellent .. the middle class gets one more shaft by the govt.

I now propose that the govt consider allowing restaurants to serve alcohol without permits for the next 3 months. After all, drunk patrons are known to spend more. Drunk patrons should also be allowed to pee and puke on the streets as a reward for having contributed to the economy.

I also propose that the govt allow chinese restaurants to use harbour water for their fish tanks, after all, this reduces their water bills.

In addition to this the govt should allow road side vendors to sell smuggled tobacco products to increase their sales.

Mechanics should be allowed to open car garages in their residence parking lots to allow them to increase their business.

Consutruction companies should be allowed to lower safety standards -- after all they cost so much to implement.

Banks should be allowed to setup loan sharking departments (please . no wise cracks about credit card operations).

While we're at it, lets suspend the law .. it has way too many problem areas which prevent companies from making profits.

Is the govt forgetting a basic supply and demand rule? Did they consider getting the taxis to lower their fares?

All of this is happening at a time when we hear govt departments complaining that their IT budgets are under severe pressure. So much for the "knowledge based" economy nonsense from the govt. Now we know that the taxi drivers, restaurant owners, tourism industry and not to mention the property industry run this city. Admit it Mr Tung. Admit it!