cost of Drivers License in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cost of Drivers License in HK

Hi,
    i was wondering if someone could please tell me the amount of money it is to get a drivers license in HK.

I am looking for the fastest way of getting it due to i am moving shortly to europe and would prefer to get my license in HK.

What is the shortest amount of time to get the drivers license?

Thanks in advance!!

3 - 4 months from Hong Kong School Of Motoring. They are the fastest. 7 - 8K.

Recent discussions here suggested about HK$8000 and 4 months.

Ah thank you!!

As I understand it, you can do it cheaper. I'm in a similar-ish situation and found an instructor with the International Driving School - something like that - and he offers 30 lessons (45 mins. each) at $3900. To rent a car for the test, it's $750. He said it would take about a month to get a test date. I heard that the HK School of Motoring could get the fastest test dates but also cost the most; they are designated driving schools of the govt. There are others though. I haven't started lessons yet but do intend to - have to get my learner's licence and sit the written test first. The number for the senior instructor at the above named school is: 91357303. Hope everything goes well for you!

with the school - you start off with simulation driving. with a private instructor you start driving right away!

you need at least 35 driving hours before you have a practical test so really if you are in a hurry, you can get a private instructor and do 3 times a week rather than the normal once a week. also the practical test needs to be scheduled so it depends on which day / time slot you get.

also learners drivers are allowed on the road at certain times of the day so check with the instructor for the best time for you to learn.

Can anyone here advise from their own personal experience what the situation is for people who are perfectly competent drivers, but whose licence isn't one which is directly transferable? I guess just 6-8 hours practice on HK roads would be sufficient just to get used to the local "peculiarities" before taking a practical test - essentially what is needed is guidance on what to expect in the test itself and a little practice at that. Any thoughts/advice?

you can take a refresher course or you can apply to take the tests directly.

you really can't drive in hong kong without a license so you have to get a learner's permit first.

So does anyone have any recommendations (and costs) for "refresher courses" leading to taking the Hong Kong tests?

just go pick one up from a list of licensed instructors (transportation dept website), otherwise you can catch these instructors in causeway bay hanging out - near st. paul's hospital

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast