Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheBrit
  • 1 Post By elle

Kindle Repair in Hong Kong?

Kindle Repair in Hong Kong?

Hi guys,

New here in Hong Kong.

Just wondering if anyone here knows a good, reliable place to get electronics -- like the Amazon Kindle 3 -- fixed? I know there aren't any service centers here -- also I've asked for troubleshooting help from Amazon after my screen froze, but they said I could just buy a new one, which I don't want to do if I can have it repaired by some other willing party. Thanks!

That is a really strange response from Amazon - I called them with a cracked Kindle screen and they sent me a new one, completely free of charge and even included a pre-paid return envelope for the broken one. No idea why you got a very different response. Sorry I can't help with your question, other than suggesting to give it another go calling Amazon.
    dear giant likes this.

dth

Yep me too - I'm on my 6th Kindle now, all replaced FOC. They don't bother asking you to return them anymore either. My latest second gen has a third gen screen in now which is even better. I've totally honest with them each time too. When they asked how I thought it had been broken I said I was out until 6am in Wanchai and didn't remember.

Their refunds may be based on purchases, though. I buy a minimum of three books a week from them - perhaps that's why they're generous towards me?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon.swirl View Post
    Hi guys,

New here in Hong Kong.

Just wondering if anyone here knows a good, reliable place to get electronics -- like the Amazon Kindle 3 -- fixed? I know there aren't any service centers here -- also I've asked for troubleshooting help from Amazon after my screen froze, but they said I could just buy a new one, which I don't want to do if I can have it repaired by some other willing party. Thanks!
    Make sure you talk to their Kindle customer service, not just Amazon customer service. They have a call back function - thus no IDD charges for you. I had a problem with my Amazon Kindle cover and got a replacement within 4 days, no questions asked and no need to return the old one.
    dear giant likes this.