Like Tree11Likes

Sai Kung to Yuen Long - Tai Tong Lychee Valley

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sai Kung to Yuen Long - Tai Tong Lychee Valley

We would like to go to Tai Tong Lychee Valley (元朗遊記 The Incredible Journey of Yuen Long ) next Tuesday for Labour Day.

I am looking for some local insight into the best travel route for a family (two adult, two kids).

The option we are considering is:

1A Green Mini Bus (25 min?) to Sze Mei Street, San Po Kong to catch KMB 268C (1 hour?). We would get off at stop 20 (Yoho Town) to catch a taxi to Tai Tong Lychee Valley.

I had found this thread http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/317/thread37257.html about going via Red Top Mini Bus.

Has anyone taken this route?

Any input/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

or you could go by bus to wu kai sha and then take the mtr (a few changes along the way) to yuen long.

58 minutes on the mtr... 15-20 minutes on the bus.

or bus to shatin (about 30 minutes) and then mtr from shatin to yuen long (41 minutes)

Golden Hawk likes this.

Id go for the west rail and then the number 66 bus from long ping station. Then your issue is just best way to the westrail. Probably the red minibus to monkok then connections via eastrail probably fastest unless you know a bus direct to close to nam cheung or mei foo.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Golden Hawk likes this.

Westrail to Long Ping then take a cab. Or you will cane 4 hours of your day on public transport.

Golden Hawk likes this.

BE - the 66 is not the problem - it's regular and doesn't take that long - the difficulty as I see it is getting to Yuen Long from Sai Kung. It's a pig of a journey. Believe me - we've tried every route to get to and from Sai Kung from the Gold Coast and it's horrible. It's the one place that we regularly take a taxi to these days, just because it's so far otherwise (45 mins even in a cab!).

Golden Hawk likes this.

yeah, i was going to say, it's at least a 45 minute drive from where golden hawk lives....

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    BE - the 66 is not the problem - it's regular and doesn't take that long - the difficulty as I see it is getting to Yuen Long from Sai Kung. It's a pig of a journey. Believe me - we've tried every route to get to and from Sai Kung from the Gold Coast and it's horrible. It's the one place that we regularly take a taxi to these days, just because it's so far otherwise (45 mins even in a cab!).
    Sai Kung I thought they were coming from HK for some reason??

Taxi......please catch a taxi...I guess it's going to cost you something like 700HKD round? Or you could hire a Shing Kee van to do it for less.....anyway, it's a great place and worth the cash.....
    Golden Hawk likes this.

you have to stop working so hard, BE.... check the title of the thread...

"Sai Kung to Yuen Long - Tai Tong Lychee Valley"

bryant.english likes this.

For buses the 1A to San Po Kong, walk across the road to Diamond Hill and bus all the way to Yuen Long. Or 299 to Shatin and do same.

Otherwise MTR and quicker going via Choi Hung rather that Wu Kai Sha depending on where you are in Sai Kung of course.

Golden Hawk likes this.

It really depends where in Sai Kung you are from.

If north of the town, I recommend you to go via Ma On Shan (i.e. taking the bus 99/299 and change to the MTR ASAP). The bus takes about 20 minutes from the town, and the train ride is about an hour. Get off at Long Ping.

If south of the town, I recommend you to go via Kowloon, i.e. taking a minibus to Choi Hung, and get onto the 268C bus and get off at Yuen Long Police Station.

After that, find the K66 bus to Tai Tong.

Golden Hawk likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast