PCCW vs iCable

Closed Thread

PCCW vs iCable

I just moved into my new place and looking for a ISP. Could someone advise me which ISP is better? I don't want to sign a 18/24 month contract and get stuck to a crappy ISP.

I ran into an iCable booth downstairs and they are offering 139 for Internet+free phone for 18month contract. The girl tells me that PCCW prices will be much higher like 199 or something. Can someone enlighten me with this.

Is there like hidden charges for modem etc that will make the price the same.

Thanks

internet provider

Hi,
    Did you get your internet at the end ? I guess yes. Could you share with your experience. I'm in the same situation now like you was a few months ago.

I'm not sure how good is PCCW, but iCable sux quite badly. Overall its useable, but if you are running any lag critical application, such as playing online poker! , you realise their international gateway is not that good. SKype wise, its still ok but I think could be better.

But I think iCable is offering one of the cheapest package around

Hutchison (HGC)
    P: Very Stable Connection, Same upload and d/l speed,
    fast overseas connection
    C: Limited Network Coverage

HK Broadband
    P: Stable Connection, Same upload and d/l speed,
    fast local connection speed
    C: Limited Network Coverage, Relatively low overseas connection speed

PCCW (ADSL Connection)
    P: Stable Connection, fast local/overseas connection speed
    Wide network coverage
    C: slow upload speed, relatively slow during peak time coz to many subscribers