Like Tree45Likes

how to make sure your helper stays?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Yup treat them well and with respect and give them a decent salary and they'll be loyal.
    I aggree for that sir Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by kokz:
    sir Jimbo
    ...definitely has a ring to it
    bak875 likes this.

Please can we not have a discussion about jimbo's ring here?

Fiona in HKG and jimbo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    In your lalala land yes, in HK reality, live out means 99% of time (yes made up stat): Boarding house.

As for choosing to have kids:
    1- not all parents intially chose to have some, accident happens
    2- not everyone must live the same way as you do and for some that means that they don't get up at night for the kids. Bad parents, no idea, different parents, yes.

For the record, I am one to think you should take care of your kids as much as possiblebut I don't come on here and lecture anyone about how they should educate their kids. Free society.
    Proof that Mat has small balls?

How to make them stay?

Periodic, random performance bonuses. - "Here's a token of our appreciation for xyz you did recently."

And a cash bday present from you and 'personal' present as well - like a framed photo of her and the kids.

Not all helpers want to go back home that often - it costs them a lot of money.

We never gave pay increases, just the bonuses.

Works for us.

scrambler likes this.

helpers helpers helpers why don't you come out and say it...slaves...that's what they are

Quote Originally Posted by d-28:
    helpers helpers helpers why don't you come out and say it...slaves...that's what they are
    More like indentured servants, only worse. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for them.

Yes it took some creative minds to come up with the euphemism of Foreign Domestic Helpers...

What a load of garbage. And thoroughly unhelpful for the OP who's just looking for help in a practical issue.

Scrambler - I think you are over-thinking live out and I think you will appreciate someone there for the early months of the baby at least. Where do you live - can you get a small office close by and give her your office? With a screaming baby in the house you may want somewhere quieter to work in any event....!

Mat the rat strikes again. If you refuse to wake up and feed your child at night (your parental obligation) you shouldn't have had one.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5