Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By R.O.

The Thunderclap

Closed Thread

The Thunderclap

We ought to record the thunderclap at 4.16 this afternoon.

I was alone at home, peacefully reading. The windows were open, the fan on. Because of the holiday, there was much less white noise than usual.

It grew a little dim and, out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw some dark flickers in the sky, but it was nothing to pay attention to. It wasn't raining.

Suddenly, there was a tremendous, deafening, terrifying, universal crack.

A mythical giant in the sky had slammed a wooden board against an iron block, and the gods of Babylon and Egypt, Greece and Rome, India and China, had echoed the sound a million-fold.

I stood up, my heart jittering. I put my hands at the sides of my face, waiting. I thought it was thunder. But had Daya Bay exploded? Was my building going to fall down? I waited. The earth and sky did not change. There was no lightning. It started drizzling, that's all. And the world was still here.

shri, dot.zen, Stu79 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.:
    We ought to record the thunderclap at 4.16 this afternoon.

A mythical giant in the sky had slammed a wooden board against an iron block, and the gods of Babylon and Egypt, Greece and Rome, India and China, had echoed the sound a million-fold.

I stood up, my heart jittering. I put my hands at the sides of my face, waiting. I thought it was thunder. But had Daya Bay exploded? Was my building going to fall down?...
    None of the above.

Watercooler had Indian take-out for lunch.