Mid-levels to CWB minibus

Mid-levels to CWB minibus

Hi all

I am just about to move to Mid Levels and work in Causeway Bay. Does anyone know if there is a minibus that goes from Caine Road to CWB (ideally to near the Lee Gardens) and if so, where on Caine is best to pick it up from?

Thanks very much.

You want the 28 or the 56, both of which stop at Leighton Centre. Unfortunately, by the time they get to Caine, they're usually full. The closer to Bonham you are, the better your chances of getting on a bus.

IMO you might be better off taking the escalator down to Sheung Wan and hopping on the MTR. The last 3-4 times I've taken the 56, the bus has been full before it gets to the escalator.

Alternatively, take any minibus (or bus, even) that gets you to an MTR station and take the train over to Causeway Bay. You might get lucky with the 56 or 28 if someone gets off on Caine, but you have a less than 30% chance of getting a seat in the morning IMO.

The best places on Caine to stop a minibus heading east is at a traffic light or outside the 7-11 near Il Bel Paese.

Alternatively, take the escalator up to Robinson and catch the 23 (double decker) which will drop you off pretty close to Sogo.

Oh yeah, the 31 minibus will get you pretty close, but it might get stuck in traffic on Lockhart because there are loads of trucks stopping on it in the daytime.
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 08-09-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Resident Peacekeeper

28 starts to empty out on Old Bailey as many people just walk down the escalator / side streets to their offices on Hollywood road.

Thank you JayinHongKong. Much appreciated. I am liking the sound of the no. 23 double decker from Robinson!

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll
    28 starts to empty out on Old Bailey as many people just walk down the escalator / side streets to their offices on Hollywood road.
    KIA's right, people do hop off on Old Bailey. You could walk down Old Bailey if you really want to take a minibus.

You're welcome Lazuli. You should know the 23 gets pretty packed too. I took it around 6 PM tonight and I was wedged in the middle of 8 people: all of us standing in front of the yellow line! If I'd fallen over, all the little people around me would have gone down with me like dominoes!

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong
    KIA's right, people do hop off on Old Bailey. You could walk down Old Bailey if you really want to take a minibus.

You're welcome Lazuli. You should know the 23 gets pretty packed too. I took it around 6 PM tonight and I was wedged in the middle of 8 people: all of us standing in front of the yellow line! If I'd fallen over, all the little people around me would have gone down with me like dominoes!
    definitely do not recommend the 23 either, as it gets really crowded in the morning by the time it hits Seymour Road unless there are two back to back

I get on on Bonham and smirk at all the people who get on on Robinson Road and have to stand all the way to Admiralty.