Hard Beds and Couches

Closed Thread

Unhappy Hard Beds and Couches

Does anyone know why the Chinese seem to insist on using hard beds and couches. I've been to people's houses all over Hong Kong and in a few Chinese cities and all the beds and couches are the same! If you're trying out beds in shops, sit down gently - my ass is sooo bruised!

Why???

You spend all day sitting on uncomfortable MTR seats, Bus seats, Desk chairs etc why punish yourself in your own house!?

Maybe it's not punishment after all that, maybe it's just normal :-)

I know I certainly bought my bed with me when I came here, but then being the single most expensive thing I've bought that doesn't keep the rain off of me or move when a push a peddle, I wasn't leaving it behind.

LOL Geordie I share your pain (quite literally). My employer provided me a flat here, and although I can't do much about the hard mattress, at least I got myself a soft pillow to replace the breadbox that I was resting my head on.

It's generally believed here that a hard matt is better for your spine as you age. The seahorse advert actually boasts that their matt is as hard as timber, which i think is a bit silly. However being a local I rather prefer a 8 inch.

My landlord is Japanese so you can imagine what he said when I asked for a softer mattress 'hard mattress, good for back'! I was in agony. Anyway, to cut a long story short - I went to Ikea and bought a softer mattress. Im happy now.

Hey.. why has my post been removed?

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus:
    Hey.. why has my post been removed?
    Is it because you referenced PeterW's preference for an 8 incher?