Warning - Rent-a-room in Jordan.

Closed Thread

Angry Warning - Rent-a-room in Jordan.

Just a quick note to those comming to HK and who may have seen this place advertised.

Save yourself the heartache, find somewhere decent for less money and get a good nights sleep.

It's not the ant/cockroach/rat infestations so much, you get used to those. It's the 'working girls' from the saunas next door bringing their clients home all night, and I do mean from sunset to sunrise, and the shouting and slamming doors every 20 minutes or so that means actual, meaningful sleep is a thing of the past.

I regret paying for 4 weeks in advance because now I'm stuck here going mental from sleep deprivation.

I understand that HK is a bustling, vibrant, 24 hour city, and that pro's need to do business somewhere, but if you want a decent nights sleep I would strongly recomend looking elsewhere.

Other than that I love HK, the food is great, most of the people are wonderful and there is so much to see and do. I just never realised what being kept awake for days on end could do to your outlook on life.

Esquilax : can you email me on [email protected] ?

sorry to hear that Esquilax... It may suck for a while, but at least you have a good outlook on it. I had a similar situation before I moved, but ironically I was in Tsuen Wan (not highly renowned for "working girls"). It just goes to show that anywhere can be like that i guess...

good luck in getting out

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by esquilax:
    Just a quick note to those comming to HK and who may have seen this place advertised.

Save yourself the heartache, find somewhere decent for less money and get a good nights sleep.

It's not the ant/cockroach/rat infestations so much, you get used to those. It's the 'working girls' from the saunas next door bringing their clients home all night, and I do mean from sunset to sunrise, and the shouting and slamming doors every 20 minutes or so that means actual, meaningful sleep is a thing of the past.

I regret paying for 4 weeks in advance because now I'm stuck here going mental from sleep deprivation.

I understand that HK is a bustling, vibrant, 24 hour city, and that pro's need to do business somewhere, but if you want a decent nights sleep I would strongly recomend looking elsewhere.

Other than that I love HK, the food is great, most of the people are wonderful and there is so much to see and do. I just never realised what being kept awake for days on end could do to your outlook on life.
    This is really a ridiculous comment by this gentleman.
    We never allow our guests to bring in any ' working girls ' into our property. We are a very decent apartment for those polite guests, we are not a lovers hotel, slamming doors every 20 minutes is a LIE.

I would love it if someone could explain the constant door slamming thingy......it is not just in the place mentioned on this thread, it is anywhere in hK when you have mainland visitors. It's maddening.

They do it all nite long and they are not with prostitutes. It's like they are all in high school and playing all nite.

I've seen it happen here for years.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastang:
    This is really a ridiculous comment by this gentleman.
    We never allow our guests to bring in any ' working girls ' into our property. We are a very decent apartment for those polite guests, we are not a lovers hotel, slamming doors every 20 minutes is a LIE.
    I notice the landlord is also not very professional.

Thomas

The original poster had this issue 18 months ago thus things may of changed since you've been there.

Hand on heart can you honestly say that 'No working girl has ever set foot into your property'

Just shows .. sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie.