T-Shirt printing- what materials?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

T-Shirt printing- what materials?

Hello anyone know of any printing companies that are honest and offer a good rate for printing on t-shirts?

My other question is it seems like if I hand draw it rather than do a graphic on pc I need to use markers? Does anyone know if I can use pencil crayons or crayons on paper hand-drawn then get it printed? Anyone knows what materials I can draw with for printing?

How much would you buy a t-shirt for if you like the design? Or consider a good price.

Thank you in advance!!!

I've found this place but never used them before myself, google JTT HK and you will find it you can see their prices on their websites. (It won't let me post the URL directly here sorry)

In every case, it will be cheapest for you to give them your artwork as a digital file (CD, Email, memory stick etc) ready for print, they will charge for having to edit.

If your image is really complex, with many colours and shades etc you might be better off with DTG printing, Screen printing needs quite definite lines/shapes.

JTT and another company in HK called dookaz (online only, google it) do DTG printing, I think its cheaper this way if your doing short runs.

Last edited by London2HK; 11-06-2009 at 07:20 PM.

THANK YOU i will check out the 3 places you recommended. what is short runs and screen printing?

i know nothing about printing t-shirts.

any advice on how much is a reasonable price for t-shirts?

why is it cheaper to send to them through email?
    have u ever used their services or seen the quality of their printing?

thank you again!

short runs - 1 - 10 t shirts of the same image
    (as opposed to 1000 t shirts with the same image on)

Screen printing - a printing process using screens
    DTG - Direct To Garment printing is when they print directly onto the fabric with what is kind of like a massive printer !
    (If you want to quickly know their differences just youtube them)

The digital file just needs to be ready for print as it is,
    If you give them a photocopy of your artwork they have to scan it in, possibly clean up the image, resize, edit it maybe etc etc, it all takes time and time is money.

screen printers usually have bigger minimums than DTG printing because their process is much longer (you will understand if you youtube it)

I've never used any of those companies before but I know how to screen print so I know a bit.

Well did you look at the prices on the sites?
    Lots of variables - what method of printing, what type ink, how many prints, how many colours, what your artwork is like, whether you supply the t shirts, if they supply the t shirts then what type of t shirt is it etc etc etc

Also some places do heat transfers too which should be cheaper but the quality isn't as good. They look cheaper.

some people also buy inkjet iron on paper and do it themselves for fun so it just depends !

I will add that if you decide to go with screen printing and you have a choice of ink, choose water based it is MUCH nicer than Plastisol (plastic ink, cheaper but nasty)

hi i did check out the sites you suggested but i didn't see the prices or any info on whether they provide the shirts orn not, in the JTT one. That's the one you're talking about right?

there's only 3 types of printing right? DTG, screen and the heat transfer.
    I saw the videos but I am not familiar with the effects of the printing after yet.
    They all look similar to me. I'm doing this artwork with crayons or pencil crayons so I'm not sure what's the best method.

I heard somewhere what method you use will depend on what kind of shirts you print on, and some methods are easier to fade, is that true?

geoexpat does not allow posting or uRLs here?

thank you for your help!!

I will add that if you decide to go with screen printing and you have a choice of ink, choose water based it is MUCH nicer than Plastisol (plastic ink, cheaper but nasty)[/QUOTE]

Prices taken from

JET T TECHNOLOGY

(QTY) 1-11 - $75 - $90 each print (not including t shirt)
    If you want them to supply the t shirt too its plus $39 (different colours)

Thats for DTG printing, they don't list screen printing prices, you have to email them for quotes.

For dookaz you can go to T-shirt, T-shirts, Shirt printing, Printing t-shirt, Custom Shoes, Custom t-shirt , Make your own t-shirt, Digital t-shirt printing , Make your own shoes , Design your own shoes online , Design your own t-shirt online Dookaz.com
    to work out the exact cost of your shirt.

How many t shirts are you talking here? for personal use or as a prototype for something professional?

The best quality imo is screen printing (but with water based inks not Plastisol which cracks after a while or melts under iron) but its not worth the costs if you are not printing many in quantity.

I've never seen DTG printing in real life before but I should think the quality to be very good and also a better method for printing artwork that is very detailed with colour gradients say like a photo.
    You can probably go to the JTT shop and see samples of all methods of printing to see the quality.

Heat transfers can fade, crack, look cheap after washes etc. Its usually cheapest out of the 3.

Screenprinting
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umALRAZlOCA"]YouTube - Screen Printing Process[/ame]

DTG
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuHddwrCS78"]YouTube - DTG T-Shirt Printing[/ame]

Heat Press
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbt3NK7ILJE&feature=related"]YouTube - Sublimation heat transfer from silkscreeningsupplies.com[/ame]

for some reason the links wouldn't work the first time but did that time!

Just to update anyone that might read this and use the above shop suggestions...well don't !

I got something printed at JTT and the quality was terrible, the colour wasn't consistent, blotchy in areas and then they tried to blame my fabric for being dirty! (was cleaned beforehand)

Waste of $75 with no apology or offer of refund

london,
    sorry to hear abt of your experience !
    this is ed of dookaz.com , give us a try and see if we can do the job.
    yes we do onesies too,
    cheers
    ed

btw, we promise refund if we cant do the job : )

Last edited by edchok; 15-09-2009 at 03:05 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast