Dog Parks in HK

Closed Thread

Wink Dog Parks in HK

Does anyone know of any Dog Parks in HK or any area's that allow dogs to walk other than the streets in Central?. I did see a dog being walked in part of the Botanical Garden's. I didnt think dogs where allowed there

Dogs aren't allowed in the Botanical Gardens, as far as I know.

Some good places to go: Victoria Peak gardens, way at the top of the hill above the Peak Tram; in country parks; on places like Lamma island, where they all seem to run free; on the peninsula beyond Shek O village. There's a great walk from Hong Kong University along the catchment that runs to Queen Mary's hospital. You can take dogs off leash at most of these places without much problem.

Dogs under 20kg are allowed off the lease anywhere if they are "under control" (the onus is on you to prove it in the event of a problem). Over 20kg they can only be let off the leash in a country park. 40% of HK is country park so it really shouldn't be too hard to find some!

There is another thread somewhere on here that has some links to commercial dog parks.

KIA - do you have the link?

KIA, the links to dog parks in HK don't seem to be working anymore, but this info would be quite useful. Is there any way to reactivate them?

thanks.