Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Where to buy PC Games

Yeah amte, boguht the game (DVD edition, $299) from Star House, eventually. However, aven't been able to paly it because as expected my video card is so crappy. So I'm ordering a 6800, but it won't arrive for at least another week, so I guess I'll have to wait it out.

Banned

what are you using now? switch the settings to DX7, it'll run like a charm and still look good. a 6800's nice, i'm on an X800. can't you stretch for a 7800/X1800 if it's not too late? it'll be worth it i assure you.

Although $299 sounds a lot (even though thats a DVD edition), its still a lot cheaper than in OZ. Games there are around the $550/600 mark.

Banned

yes, but there's no excusing their rip off policy, worldwide. it's been well established that a fair price for the average game would be USD30 in north america. going on PPP models, that's like HKD150.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing_Monkey
    try amazon.com!!!

Really, its sooooooo mch easier to sit back, coffee in hand, select your game, punch in the old credit card number and then in a day or two the game arrives.

Incidently, if your into heavy gaming i'd recommend WoW (world of warcraft) available in all newsagents across HK now...
    WoW is the devil! I spent soooo much time playing that darn game.

Unhappy Where do i get Game Cards for World of Warcraft??

The title speaks for itself... where exactly can i buy a game card ??? I bought the game but it was the chinese version, the stupid woman said it was in english...now i asked them for an exchange and they said it cannot be done. .....yeah ok i guess it's my fault too, so where can i buy the english ones? Place?

I NEED GAME CARDS!!! XD Where can i find them?

where exactly can i buy a game card ??? I bought the game World Of Warcraft but it was the chinese version, the stupid woman said it was in english...now i asked them for an exchange and they said it cannot be done. .....yeah ok i guess it's my fault too, so where can i buy the english ones? Place?

I NEED GAME CARDS!!! To be able to play the game i need to buy this game card thingie...XD Where can i find them?

WOW *shiwer*
    OK im gonna flame the game industry now. those fat thief's who dare to charge a full 350HKd for the game disks and then a monthly fee to get to play it.
    Why cant they do like asian MMORPG creators, look at RFonline for example its awsome graphics and the price tag of 18hkd is about the price of a dvd-r disk and totaly acceptable.
    Besides WOW is like all western MMORPGs, a waste of money since just like, planetside, Eve online, Matrox online and so on, a fat box with lot of advertisement and ZERO goal, its just a rolling cashcow since all the game goes out on is kill a beast get level up, kill the level2 beasts and get the next levelup and kill the level3 beast and so on.
    Why not save the money and play some equaly good mmorpgs thats free like martialheroes :P

Banned

wow? never even bothered playing it. hand me the FPS, please.

Quote Originally Posted by cerberus
    what are you using now? switch the settings to DX7, it'll run like a charm and still look good. a 6800's nice, i'm on an X800. can't you stretch for a 7800/X1800 if it's not too late? it'll be worth it i assure you.
    No, I didn't actually end up buying it anyway because I thought I'd search around s I normally do around Wan Chai etc. for perhaps a better deal.

I tried dx7 settings but no luck. I have a crappy onboard card that is PURE SHITE. Can't get the 7800 because it's PCI Express only. I'm stuck with AGP. So something in the 6 series range (regarding nVidia which I prefer) looks the best bet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast