Fed up with being date-stamped your passport ?

Closed Thread

Fed up with being date-stamped your passport ?

Hi there,
    Well, I'm living and working in HK for 4 years now, and something is really doing my head in, but I don't know really which rights as foreigners, we could complain about some rather stupid things.
    Some thread has been debating on the Chief Executive dissolving Legco, but I'd rather like the him to stop our passports being date-stamped everytime we cross the border to China in HK side boundary (working permit holders), that'd prevent us from renewing our passports every 6 months roughly.
    Gov. did it for the D/I chinese mainlanders passports (yellow passports) now they just have to show their passports, and honestly I don't see the use of having a HKID, if we have to show our passports, as data are already input in the chip. Who'd go for presenting a petition ?

I think my prayers for world peace have more chances of working than anything that involves changing how the immigration departments in HK and China work.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    I think my prayers for world peace have more chances of working than anything that involves changing how the immigration departments in HK and China work.
    Amen......

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Judging by what's going on now in the world today,......keep praying, KiA, keep praying

Perhaps write a letter to Mr Tsang, everyone in his/her own native language...