Warning: Cozy Studios

Closed Thread

Warning: Cozy Studios

Hello. New to this forum and also not usually the type to post, but had to warm ppl about this scam. Have lived at their Causway Bay location for over a month, and it's terrible. first off, the tiny unit smells like a sewer all the time, then there's a humming noise whenever the neighbors use their bathroom fan, you can hear whenever someone literally farts on the other side of the wall, there are ants crawling everywhere, and of course the broadband internet they promise is really a shared wireles so most of the time it's slower then dial-up. worse yet, it hasn;t worked for a few days and they refuse to fix it.
    Above all else, management consists of really hostile, annoying people who enjoy seeing tenants squirm and suffer and make it clear they are only interested in your money, it's your fault for being an idiot and living there. every time you call somebody else shows up, and the managers are so obnoxiously uncaring it's amazing.

And if you check their website the price list is wrong, i think the cheap rooms are never really available probably because they don't exist, everyone ends up paying seven thousand or more.

Stay away from them. I will leave soon, and will check this forum to see if anyone responds.

Do you think contacting the consumer board will help? who else regulates housing in this city?

Thanks for listening.

I'd drop the FEHD (Food and Environmental Hygine Department) a line about the conditions.

http://www.fehd.gov.hk/

Thank you for answering. Who controls or regulates rentals in HK, does anyone know? i understand FEHD only handle the health side of things.
    Please bear in mind I approached Cozy after seing an ad for them here. Maybe we should let people know?

Thanks

NDG: The health issues will directly affect the licensing.... they tend to override all other regulatory issues.

>> Cozy after seing an ad for them here.

Strange, considering I've not heard of them. Can you give me some more details on where you saw their advert / listing???

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> Cozy after seing an ad for them here.

Strange, considering I've not heard of them. Can you give me some more details on where you saw their advert / listing???
    not an ad, but i think someone mentioned the appt after another ppl asked for it... just a referral...

Thank you KnowitAll. I believe it was in the classifieds section, but it could be that i'm wrong, maybe a different forum, as I said I dont post much. What I'm not wrong about is the lack of consideration they have for renters, and how water pressure drops to a trickle if you and your neighbor shower in the same time.

I believe this whole place was one big apartment they cut up into small dorm rooms without bothering to increase water supply, internet bandwith etc. The walls are also so thin, forget about privacy: i know every detail about my next door neighbor's life thanks to his loud voice.

Here is an update:

Two days ago one of the "managers" (who is supposed to be an accountant but for some reason shows prospective tenants the rooms) simply opened my door while I was there so she could show it to a new person interested in renting. No knock, no call...of course this is police material but I'm too tired to even go there.

Today, again, one of their people opened my door as I sat listening to some music with my headphones on. These people are criminals, I reiterate my warning. If you are staying in one of their rooms, you're not safe, I've seen them go in at will. Do not leave anything valuable exposed.

Is this typical of so-called service apartments? Are they all so horribly bad?

Dude! That's totally not cool. What if you were beating off or something? Move out ASAP, then call everyone possible and let 'em know what happened. Try the Consumer Council maybe?

Ok .. I think you've made your point.

Given that you have not participated in the rest of your forum and all that you've done on GeoExpat has been slag off a serviced apartment.. I'm closing this thread.