Like Tree6Likes

Amazon's zip/post code for Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thanks. I ended up putting in a , It was the least obtrusive thing. It also accepted 0000 and an under_score but I thought I'd make it the most visually appealing.

I also sent a note to Amazon telling them to sort it out. We'll see if I get an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    Actually 00 is the IDD access code and differs from country to country or even between operators within one country.
    852 is the country code but since it doesn't have any relation with the postal system it's pretty much pointless to put it onto mail to HK.
    Durr, I know all that but since HK doesnt have a postal code, whats the biggie if I put 00852. Might as well since its number I dial when I am in the Mainland calling back home.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Durr, I know all that but since HK doesnt have a postal code, whats the biggie if I put 00852.
    I didn't say it was a biggie, my point was that 00852 is no different to putting 12345 or 01101 for example.

Might as well since its number I dial when I am in the Mainland calling back home.
    Or might as well put anything you like or nothing at all, for whatever reason you can think of.
    Last edited by Raccon; 26-05-2010 at 01:26 AM.

I loved the idea of 00852, I thought it was really cool. Much more interesting than 99999!

Silly question, but does Amazon USA deliver to Hong Kong? I was told it doesn't.

HKSAR or even HK5AR looks cool

I find it cheaper to buy from Amazon UK and ship than buy here in Dymmocks, a shame because I am quite positive about supporting local shops but not when they are x3 the price

Quote Originally Posted by quackquack:
    Silly question, but does Amazon USA deliver to Hong Kong? I was told it doesn't.
    Of course they do. But there are some items they don't - books are fine - but some electronic stuff they won't deliver. It says whether they will on each item.

Quote Originally Posted by quackquack:
    It does for books. Generally not for electronics, homewares, etc (which come from third parties rather than Amazon).

Postage prices are spelled out quite clearly on their website.

You can e-mail those third parties and they'll often cut you a deal *AND* ship to Hong Kong. It's all about how you ask. I use "00000" normally, but wtbhotia's "00852" is pretty cool.

FWIW I ordered a book that was shipped on May 25. It arrived in Hong Kong on June 2. So about 8 days. This was their standard UPS shipping, which quotes 14-20 days for shipping so I was rather pleased.