Like Tree5Likes

Cheap hair cut

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Cheap hair cut

Where can I get a good mens hair cut for @ 100-200 hk$ all inclusive, pls help the guy totaly messed it up today...look like a monk now

If you already look like a monk what is there to still cut?!?!

so that the monk can get a better cut next time

Causeway Bay, La Mod Salon, next to the PCCW building offering a good haircut service for both men and women. cost around $180, fit ur budget !

Or call John at Pro Hair in Central his number is 96768793. He is the best and offers hair wash cut and set at 158 HKD.

Ashamed to say that I have been to places that cut hair shoddily for 800 HKD too, ....most of the times the hair looks spiky and need of a better hair cut after the hair has been cut and set!!!If you know what I mean???

But John so far is the best among the /Indian/Korean/Saudi and sorry to say even in Hong KongHair dressers I have seen and got my hair cut by!!

I go to a regular one in Wan Chai (small shop run by an old chinese guy). Mostly local, speaks a few words of english but if you give him a picture, he will replicate it exactly...I will send you the contact. Cost is 75 HKD, never been disappointed

It seems that most expats pay too much for hair cuts! HK$800 dollars is madness, and 200 dollars for a man is not much better. Luckily a local took me to this place in TST that does it for 98 dollars, including a hair wash and mini head massage. I don't have the address on me right now, but if I do I'll give PM it to you.

I agree one hundred per cent ...... sheer madness!!! Thankfully I realised quicker than I would have expected myself to!!!

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I go to a regular one in Wan Chai (small shop run by an old chinese guy). Mostly local, speaks a few words of english but if you give him a picture, he will replicate it exactly...I will send you the contact. Cost is 75 HKD, never been disappointed
    That photo technique's stood me in good stead in a modest place (< $60 including blow dry) I lucked upon in Wanchai after a series of bad to so-so experiences in far more expensive places. Be sure to place the photo so it shows in the mirror or you might get your parting on the opp. side!!

I've since "upgraded" myself to another place down the same street Ka-Na-Ga-Wa Hair Salon G/F 8 Spring Garden Lane, Wan Chai 28332900. English quite OK, cleaner, brighter, and good, no need for photo - about $65 (or $100 approx for the boss stylist). See no reason to change even if they doubled the price, as long as they stick around with the same standard.

Anywhere outside of Central it's quite easy to get hair cuts for $50 to $100, including pre and post washing. Might have difficulty with the language though but I guess you can just walk and in and out of places asking them if they speak English. Can't comment on their stylings though because I'm monk stylee

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast