Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Applying for Dependent visa

Applying for Dependent visa

we're getting ready to apply for dependent visa for me and getting all the document together,
    my question is, should i be in HK at the time of applying visa? or should i be out of the country.

Reading in the application form it said should be applying from outside HK but speaking to cathay pacific they said i should be in the country when applying,

and also do i have to be in HK during the application is being process or can i travel outside HK ?

Thank you

Can be done inside or outside of HK. While it's being processed you are free to travel as you want (as long as you are of a nationality that requires no pre-approved visitors visa), you'll just be leaving and re-entering as a tourist.

TBJ

You can apply for it inside or outside of HK.

If you are already in HK on a tourist visa, once you get your dependent visa you need to travel outside Hong Kong to activate it. Most people do it through Macau, but you could also go up to the mainland.

I just got mine a month ago so I am familiar with the whole process.

If we've married 2 days ago in the Russian Consulate (we are both Russians) in HK, can I apply for dependant visa immediately? I'm employed in HK, so I should sponsor my wife.
    Once all docs're filed with Immigration, can my wife stay in HK even if her tourist visa is shortly to expire? Can we apply for extension of stay for the period of the dependant visa processing?

Banned

Yes. No. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TBJ
    You can apply for it inside or outside of HK.

If you are already in HK on a tourist visa, once you get your dependent visa you need to travel outside Hong Kong to activate it. Most people do it through Macau, but you could also go up to the mainland.

I just got mine a month ago so I am familiar with the whole process.
    hello, i just helped my husband applied the dependant visa (in the last week of may), how soon should i get any news from them? i know the official answer is 6-8 weeks, but what is your case?

Banned

Don't expect to hear anything for at least 4 weeks. In my wife's case I started chasing them for updates after 6 weeks, and the visa was finally granted after 10 weeks.

If I remember correctly we first heard from them after about 4 weeks and finally got it through after about 10 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    If I remember correctly we first heard from them after about 4 weeks and finally got it through after about 10 weeks.
    Can you get tourist Visa extended to 10 weeks?? while waiting or do you have to do visa run?

we going to apply tomorrow and hopefully get the visa extend at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatekisses
    Can you get tourist Visa extended to 10 weeks?? while waiting or do you have to do visa run?

we going to apply tomorrow and hopefully get the visa extend at the same time
    They will grant an extension while it is pending, no need for visa run

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast