Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Foreigners, HKID and Working in China

Foreigners, HKID and Working in China

Our company is an American company based in Louhu, Shenzhen.

As our company is growing, we want to do everything by the books and make sure we are following all of the laws of both China and Hong Kong.

Our business model calls for people to be able to work at night to take calls from the United States.

These days its very difficult to get work visas for foreign employees. Domestic Chinese just do not have the English skills to answer phone calls from US customers.

This leads us to two potential options.

#1 - Hire people from Hong Kong that have lived abroad
    #2 - Hire foreigners from HK with HKID

I know for a fact that a Hong Kongnese person of Chinese decent can pretty easy get permission to work in China. However, I am hearing that if a Hong Kong person works in China for more than 183 days in a year then they need to pay very high Chinese taxes.

So my first question is:

#1 - Does that mean days worked in China or days lived in China? I was thinking to have my staff work 4 days per week, and give them enough days so that they are not working for us for 183 days. Would this make them exempt from the tax?

#2 - The second question is can foreigerns with HKID Permanent residence work in China without going through the same process that other foreigners would have to go through?

Last question is we are looking for people to work the graveyard shift. Either 9:30PM to 7AM Monday to Friday or 9PM to 9AM 4 days per week. The person would have to be able to speak perfect English without an accent, but does not need a college education. What salary do you believe we should be offering based on your knowledge of the market.

It means days in China, period. Over 183 and the employee is subject to paying tax in China.

Foreigners with PR in HK need to go through exactly the same procedure as a non PR when it comes to applying for a China work visa. This also means that certain nationalities can apply and go through the procedure in China / HK while others would need to leave and go back to their home countries for part of the procedure.

Local HK'ers would need a Home Return Permit.

For graveyard shift, in China, for foreigners, I'd say you'd need to be paying a LOT regardless of college education!

i know hk born ( has perfect UK englishaccent) person who may be interested, please pass on your e mail address and confirm the wages you're willing to pay

Or maybe consider outsourcing to a call center in HK.
    But of course if you 'demand' that they have a more neutral accent then you're going to be looking at a hefty premium for the priviledge.

Banned

How many people do you need? And do they really need to be in China? Presumably the offices/factory will be closed so there won't be anyone to consult there except the call centre staff. Why not just send the calls somewhere else like HK or the Philippines (which does many call centres for US companies). If it's only a small number of agents then it might even make sense to have them working from home, which could be anywhere in the world frankly.

Everyone is mentioning that I will have to pay a lot for such employees. How much is a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM
    Why not just send the calls somewhere else like HK or the Philippines (which does many call centres for US companies).
    Have to agree there, Our Call Centre (I'll spell it properly in this instance) in Alabang in the Philippines is very good and they do sound american too, And they will be cheaper than most places.

Quote Originally Posted by yusufu17
    Everyone is mentioning that I will have to pay a lot for such employees. How much is a lot?
    If you need more than 20 people and are looking to offshore, send me a PM and I can point you in the right direction. The Philippines is the major offshore call centre country servicing the USA. Many major companies have large call centres (or outsourced) in the Philippines. Their accent, customs and work ethic (along with price) make it a smart choice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yusufu17
    I'd do it from home for about HK$200/hr.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM
    I'd do it from home for about HK$200/hr.
    Ill do it for $195

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast