change visa to dependent visa

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

change visa to dependent visa

hello all

just wondering if you know how easy it is to change my visa to a dependent visa

i am working full time at the moment but want to go part time in december/january. i just mentioned to my boss and he said fine but that i will have to change my visa to a dependent visa (i recently got married to a chinese guy so i am entitled to apply) as my work visa doesn't cover part time (? is that right?)

should i get in touch with IMMD now? should i apply for my depend. visa now even tho i am still working? is it easy to switch from one to another?

if anyone has any advice that would be great

thanks!

I think there's been another thread on this recently, try searching. But I think the short answer is yes it's possible and straightforward.

Plus being on a dependent visa will give you more freedom to switch jobs etc.

Yes - it's very easy to do and I would say get the application in as soon as possible to give you the freedom to switch jobs or go part time or whatever ASAP. All the stuff you need is here: The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

PDLM

One thing I've often wondered, is what happens to the person working on a dependent visa if their OH on a working visa loses their job, or they get divorced. I appreciate that the visa is dependent on the other half's employment visa, so they would no longer have the right to work freely. But the person with the dependent visa up to this point has been able to work with no restrictions. They might have set up a business employing others - so suddenly it is not just them who is "dependent" on the visa status of their OH. Or if they were employed, but in a role that would not normally qualify for a sponsored visa, would their employer have any argument for sponsoring them as they know the role and it would cost the employer to recruit and train someone else? Just curious.

Well the visas are valid until the expiry date, even if the sponsor loses their job. But I think basically you have to throw yourself on the mercy of ImmD and try to get back to an Employment/Investment Visa. But the only case I know is of a couple who simply swapped round Employment & Dependant when the husband lost his job, which was no problem since the wife had in the meantime got an ESF teaching job.

is it easy to get a Dependent visa in Hong Kong if the your husband is having the right to abode .how much time does it will take .to get the Dependent visa.do reply

Quote Originally Posted by shrutigunn1990:
    is it easy to get a Dependent visa in Hong Kong if the your husband is having the right to abode .how much time does it will take .to get the Dependent visa.do reply
    Read below, Easy depends on what color you are and where your passport is from and does your Husband have a lot of $$$$$

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services...dependant.html

We both are from India .My husband monthly salary is 15k. so it will be easy to get a dependent visa.Do reply

15K is very low salary.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast