Looking for short-term rental the month of July& Aug

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for short-term rental the month of July& Aug

Greetings all,
    I am looking for short-term rental in Hong Kong the month of July & Aug. Looking for monthly rental. Prefer in Hong Kong side.

A friend of mine a young couple from France is also looking for rental, but weekly during this period of time as well, no preferene either H. K side or Kowloon or ....
    If anyone or expat wants to sublet his/her flat during the month of July or, and Aug (as many are away for vacation), you can email me as well.
    Any comments and advice are very appreciated.
    Thank you very much!
    Cecilia-

You might have to go the serviced apartment route.

yes, i looked serviced apartment, but they are so many, still search...

Don't know what sort of budget/quality you're looking for but for the low/mid-range end of serviced apartments I've found Yes Inn on Anchor St in Mong Kok is fairly good. The staff seem pretty friendly and the rooms, although not the most spacious or expensive looking are fairly modern, clean and comfortable.

As you say there are a lot of options, and I expect other (far more informed people than myself will be happy to help on these forums). As with everything I guess it would be easier to narrow down your options if you know how much you can spend, what you want etc. For myself, once I had thought about where I worked, what I could afford and what I would like from a place that my options quickly reduced to just a few.

@edcam02: thanks for the comments. Now I know where I want to stay. In HK side. and I am even thinking of sharing a flat. In that case, maybe I can learn more about HK faster?

I guess you would, especially if the people you shared with knew Hong Kong well! I'd always be wary about moving in with people I didn't know though - have lived with others a lot but I always knew them and were good friends with them first. I'm sure you'd find people who knew HK anyway. But of course maybe I'm just a bit over cautious!

Thanks for the comments edcam02.
    I was sharing at school in the dormitory, then sharing in university also. I don't like sharing with friends. It can be difficult or even broke the friendships. I only share with people I dont know, then everything is very clear. If we don't feel comfortable, we just move on, no harm at all. If we feel good connections, then we will become friends later on.
    Maybe it's culture too. That's what I do in the US. I also dont mind sharing with male in the same flat. Actually we hardly see each other since we all have busy schedule.

Cecilia,

Are you only staying in HK for 2 months?

My friend is going to leave Hong Kong this summer but he rented a very nice flat which has a roof top in Wanchai near Hopewell Center. His contract is until early next year. He would like to find someone who would continue his contract. He already discussed with the landlord and he's ok with someone taking over the flat.

Wanchai is an area which is very convenient for you to meet people. You can go out at night to LKF or Wanchai Bar area within a short period of time. if you are interested in the flat, I can send you the pictures. The rent is HK$8500 per month. You can contact me through my e-mail: [email protected]

The electricity is around HKD 400 a month during summer cause the air con is on. In winter, it is around HKD 300 a month. Water is around HKD150 a month, depends on how many showers you take a day.....

@ Sukiwkc
    Thank you very much for the offer. It sounds really great, unfortunately I only stay in HK for 2 months
    I wish your friend the best luck finding a good renter.

I had a few offers, found one and made decision last week.
    I will be sharing a flat with 2 expats. wish me luck!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast