Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By US2HongKong
  • 1 Post By MovingIn07
  • 2 Post By limepickle
  • 1 Post By bdw

Apartments near Olympic station (Kowloon)

Apartments near Olympic station (Kowloon)

I have looking at a few apartments online and I like many of them in Kowloon around the Olympic Station. Some of the estates/apartments are:

1) Hampton place
    2) Florient Rise
    3) Central park
    4) Island harbourview
    and a few more..

I want an apartment somewhere in the 650 sq. feet area and with a rent of 20,000 HKD per month. Do you guys suggest any of the above? I am planning to go take a look at one in hampton place. May be you could connect me with an agent who deals in this region?
    Thanks
    djs_1 likes this.

bdw

There are a lot of agents in both shopping malls (Olympian City 1 & 2). In OC 1, they are just down the escalators on the ground floor. In OC2, they are also on the ground floor close to the Taste supermarket but only accessible from the outside of the mall (go out onto the street).

You can add "One SilverSea", "The Long Beach" and "Harbour Green" to your list. These are a bit further away from the MTR but also a bit newer than the ones directly on top.

If your budget is $20k for 650sqf, then this should be easy to achieve. Florient Rise or One SilverSea is probably the most expensive in the area but should still fit your budget. FR is in a great location basically on top of the HSBC building. The one thing I dont like about it is the swimming pool.

any of those offer +700sq ft for 15K or less?

My boss is in The Long Beach for circa 15k I believe. I think he has about 700sq ft (judged by eye only).
    BenderBends likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    My boss is in The Long Beach for circa 15k I believe. I think he has about 700sq ft (judged by eye only).

Long Beach, 38th floor, 745 sq ft, 18,500, just re-signed a lease there ...

(edit: I'm not your boss)
    BenderBends and US2HongKong like this.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends
    any of those offer +700sq ft for 15K or less?
    There is a brand new building called "Shining Heights" where you can get 780sqf for around $14k. I didnt mention it above because it is about a 10-15 min walk from Olympic and is actually closer to Prince Edward MTR (about 8 mins). But if you can live with that, its a great building with 2 clubhouses (one on 51st floor with free gym overlooking victoria harbour), 42m swimming pool, etc.
    BenderBends likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by limepickle
    (edit: I'm not your boss)
    think of the fun you could have had pretending to be their boss though..... another missed opportunity

Hampton Place is great. I just rented a unit there.
    Apparently all units comes with FREE broadband.

For those expats who live in this area--how do you like it so far?

One Silver Sea surely looks splendid but I saw an online ad asking for 16000 HKD. Is it too good to be true? Perhaps the agents were too busy updating their sites?

Quote Originally Posted by KyoPo
    For those expats who live in this area--how do you like it so far?

One Silver Sea surely looks splendid but I saw an online ad asking for 16000 HKD. Is it too good to be true? Perhaps the agents were too busy updating their sites?
    Yes, that's too good to be true. Unless it's tiny (i.e. 500sq ft). Check out the Hermitage. It's pretty cool, there's a lot of supply out there and you can probably get 10-20% off the asking price.
    Last edited by limepickle; 09-06-2011 at 10:22 AM.