Like Tree1Likes

Cheap land rental/house rental in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cheap land rental/house rental in Hong Kong?

Ok, I know HK is one of the most expensive cities for property on the planet... but there has to be a spot where it's cheaper?

I'm from Dublin, and renting in and around the city centre is outrageous... but, obviously the further form the centre the lower the rent.

Can anyone tell me where the cheapest rental land or property is, in HK... and I mean the Islands as well.

For land, I'd be looking at roughly, 30msq.

Cheers.

What do you want land for... farming?

For flats, it will be cheapest in places like Fanling, Sheung Shui, Yuen Long, Tuen Mun, Lamma, Peng Chau etc., and even cheaper in places it's harder to commute from, e.g. Tai O.

we live inside a country park, and rentals are pretty cheap for what you get. as i've mentioned a kazillion times before, we have:
    1000' garden,
    2-3 carparks,
    5 bedrooms,
    4 bathrooms,
    rooftop,
    2100'
    2 balconies

we pay less than $17k/month.

my aunt lives 2 minutes further down the road and has an "old" village house of about 1200-1400' with a 500-700' garden and she pays less than $10K. She also has one of the best seaviews in hk!

... and a two hour commute on public transport to Central

But yes, a beautiful location if what you want is seclusion, views, snakes in the garden, great hikes all around, and so on.

PDLM, the guys said he wanted further out, cheaper rent... so i gave him further out, cheaper rent! he made no mention whatsoever of what he considers to be an ok commute. besides, not everyone's life revolves around Central, i know it's hard to believe...

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    ... and a two hour commute on public transport to Central

But yes, a beautiful location if what you want is seclusion, views, snakes in the garden, great hikes all around, and so on.
    From where do you need 2 hours? Sounds like an interesting place. (If only the snakes weren't there)

Wong Shek or thereabouts (it gets down to about 100 minutes on Sundays when there are special bus services that get there quicker, but it's about two hours during the week). It's deep in the Sai Kung Country Park.

Last edited by PDLM; 08-01-2011 at 11:38 AM.

30 metres square? That's about 320 square feet, you should be able to get an apartment for that.

For land I don't think you will be able to put much of a house on it.

If you are looking for land to build on, it's very hard to find land where you would have permission to do so. (Difficult but not impossible). So if you did buy some land with the aim of building on it, be very very sure you have the legal right to do so. Don't just take the vendor's word for it (if indeed they have the right to sell to you)

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Wong Shek or thereabouts (it gets down to about 100 minutes on Sundays when there are special bus services that get there quicker, but it's about two hours during the week). It's deep in the Sai Kung Country Park.
    Of course any normal person who has free car park in the village and needs to commute would just buy a car...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast