Wanted to know peoples opinions of the new Festival City complex in Tai Wai for an expat couple?
I went to view today and was thoroughly impressed with the complex (brand new/great facilities - though not all complete), however was a little bit overwhelmed in that Tai Wai itself didn't seem particularly like a place where many expats live or have expat friendly amenities.
A few questions I have:
- Are any other expats living in Festival City?
- What are peoples thoughts/opinions of the complex?
- Thoughts on Tai Wai as a place to live generally?
- Would supermarkets (citysuper/taste) in say Kowloon Tong or Shatin deliver to my apartment?
- Best way to get to Central? I don't mean quickest, just easiest. I assume MTR to Kowloon Tong, then to Mongkok, then straight down to Central. How about going East Rail to Hung Hom route? Or a bus?
- If I am stuck in Central until late. How much would a taxi cost from Central to Tai Wai and approximately how long would it cost?
- What is the quickest way to the Airport? Taxi? If so - approx cost?
One final thing - I have been living in HK for just over a year now and the property market is still one that baffles me a bit. Am currently renting from an expat and paid over the odds because I didn't know any better - but how is it best to approach negotiations with an Estate Agent? For example - if the asking price for an apartment is 20k, where should I start negotiations from and what should I be satisfied with?
Cheers in advance