Serviced apartment recommendations for 1 month stay?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Serviced apartment recommendations for 1 month stay?

Hi guys,

have been frantically searching the web for a serviced apartment for my 3 week holiday in Hong Kong, but have reached several dead ends! Hope someone can help!

I'm looking for a serviced apartment somewhere near all the action!!! (Central or surrounding areas, or Kowloon). It needs to have a double room, with shower etc, but kitchen is optional. Broadband would be a bonus.

My budget is anything below HK$8K for a full month.

I've spoken to www.wstudios.com.hk who don't have anything available. Have also spoken to Stanley at www.cozy.com.hk, and he did say he has one room available in the Time square area, and said he would email me. After 3 emails from me, I have yet to hear from him so not sure if it's been taken already..
    Have also had replies from www.rentaroomhk.com but my family say that area may not be the safest of areas.

I'll be with my girlfriend, and I need the apartment between Friday 30th September, til 20th October! (I know!! It's only just over a week away!!!)

Please, can anyone help??

Thanks!

Ben

Hi Hunhun,

thanks for the reply.

I've looked at the whole hotel thing already, and if I take Ibis for an example, it would work out to be £11k for the full 3 weeks stay which is way over budget.

YWCA only have rooms with communal bathrooms left for this period, which my GF has already ruled out.

Also, trying to find a hotel with available rooms for this period seems near impossible.

It seems to be the hotel peak season for some reason!

Any other suggestions guys?

Ben

Hope this link is useful to you:-
    http://www.hongkonghomes.com/hong_ko...ize_to=*&age=0

Thanks again Hunhun for your reply.

I've sent an email off to la selle sourt, and am waiting for a reply.

For HongKongHomes.com, would they do apartment listings for such a short term lease as mine? I've done a search on there using your link, and have seen quite a few that are within budget, but am worried that most are after long term tenants.

The only bit I could click on was 'arrange viewing' which is not possible for me as I'm a few thousand miles away at the moment..

Any other suggestions guys?

Ben

a little farther out is silvermine bay hotel. it's in mui wo and it is probably cheaper than other hotels, expect that it's a 1/2 hour ferry ride from central.(www.resort.com.hk).. they have a long stay package that's $6288/month.

there are also service apartments further out in tin shui wai, can't remember their names though...sorry

Last edited by carang; 20-09-2005 at 09:36 PM.

Hi Carang, and thanks for the reply!

That does look like a great price, but the location does let it down some what.. I'm not really happy with a daily 30 minute commute into and out of the City.

Have had a look at Tin Shui Wai too and they are fully booked, and a little too far away aswell..

Any other suggestions?

Ben

I went past the ramada Hotel on the tram the other day and they had a sign out with long term rates that looked quite reasonable. Still could be too expensive for you but might be worth a call;
    308 Des Voeux Road West, Hong Kong

Internet Reservation Office in Hongkong:
    Tel: (852) 2736-0922
    Fax: (852) 2405-0922

you're getting down to the crunch. and there aren't a lot in your price range. you're either going to have to up your budget or make a sacrifice in time.

the ferry ride out to mui wo isn't bad and it's a beautiful ride. you will also be closer to get to places like the big buddha and tai o.

but of course, it's your holiday and you make the decision.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast