Work Placement/Volunteer for Clinical Psychology

Closed Thread

Work Placement/Volunteer for Clinical Psychology

Hi, I'm a third year Psychology student in the UK, and was wondering if anyone knew of any work placements or volunteering jobs in Hong Kong in Clinical Psychology, either in hospitals or just shadowing a psychologist, etc.

Thanks

How good is your Cantonese (that being the spoken language of 95% of the population here)?

There are parallel systems in hongkong for this service : public under the hospital authority and private (profit non profit ). The vast majority of patients are seen in the public sector outpatient depts which is an almost completely Cantonese working environment . You would likely not encounter any English speaking cases there .however if you speak Cantonese that is definitely the place to go so direct your enquiry to hospital authority and request attachment to general outpatient psychologist (they work in the integrated mental health clinics )If you don't speak Cantonese and read write Chinese then Google clinical psychologist in hongkong private and church services etc and contact individually each one . No reason why they wouldn't host a student on clinical attachment or elective .I am in a similar field& I have certainly had student on various electives here over the years .

Sent from my ST27i using GeoClicks Mobile