Like Tree2Likes

80 Robinson Road

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    The A12 bus goes via Admiralty from that area in a sort of loop
    That would be the 12A. The A12 is an airport bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate from Oz:
    papaya, the advertised price is HK$65,000. They're only prepared to negotiate to a point of 3%.

Might prices have gone up of late or am I looking with the wrong agent?
    dear kate, we were looking August last year. 20th and 19th floor, perfect seaview from almost evry room.
    the renting prices in HK are more than crazy and not stable at all, but I just cannot explain such an increase... so maybe wrong agent...

Quote Originally Posted by papaya:
    the renting prices in HK are more than crazy and not stable at all, but I just cannot explain such an increase...
    If you choose to live in such an overpriced and congested area, you choose to throw money away. I pay $10,000 for a 700sf place with a roof garden and harbour view, and it's just down the hill in Sai Ying Pun. No swimming pool but I can deal with that as I'm evidently saving $50,000 a month by not having one.

bookblogger, we are being compensated for it.

We moved from an extremely nice home in Oz. We have looked around and this fits all our needs perfectly. 700 sf is way to small for us. 1400 and 3 bedrooms is the absolute minimum size we need.

I don't care about the swimming pool either. I certainly want to be comfortable though.

My point is more general.

So I don't get it's relevance to this thread then bookblogger?

Dmmos and Satay Sue like this.

Since your husband works in Admiralty - have you considered living in Wanchai? We live minutes from Admiralty station near 3 Pacific Place (right off Star Street) and we love it. Very convenient. We have a 3 BR with Harbor View 1800 sq feet with pool and other amenities for around the same price you are paying in mid-levels.

Also meant to add that we also looked at 80 Robinson road and felt that it just wasn't as convenient for us and it was a little too small. Loved the building and the unit though!

dctoki, thanks. Yes we looked at most areas. We wanted to be close to some walking trails as well. This one gives us a trail up to the peak as well as a few other options. Also just loved the views of the harbour and the city. It's the view that sealed the deal for us in Mid-levels.

Also looked at The Legends at Jardine's Lookout and whilst the building itself and amenities were stunning the apartment just didn't have a good feel about it for us.

I'm still looking at other areas at the moment just in case this offer doesn't make it through.

Funny - we looked at The Legend at JL too! The apartment was huge but it lacked the convenience that we were looking for. Good Luck with your search and hope that your offer at 80 Robinson works out for you.