Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

80 Robinson Road

80 Robinson Road

We're finally here.

We've done a lot of research and have settled on Mid-levels for the time being as the place we'd like to live.

I've looked at numerous apartments, commute etc and this area fits perfectly for now.

One of the apartments we've viewed is 80 Robsinson Road.

Does anyone have any feedback on this complex?

Banned

The apartment complex is nice, and the apartments I've seen there also. Where would you be commuting to and how? The escalator is a bit far from there on a hot & sticky summer's day. There are buses down, but only the minibuses back up, otherwise you have to walk up from Caine (maybe 80 Robinson has a backdoor on Caine, not sure).

Favorite Admin

80 does have a back entrance. Good facilities and the flats are nice.

I had a look at this place 2 weeks ago on a day of back-to-back viewings around Mid-levels and 80 Robinson Road was too far from the escalators. It takes a further 15 minutes to get to the MTR once you get to the escalator, so it was just too far away from everything else for us. Initially we wanted to live at Mid Levels, but now have found a great place on the edge of Soho instead, as it's closer to the "action" and as we don't have kids and there's a nice gym just 2 mins walk away, we've settled with this area instead.

Not sure if you've been to HK in the height of summer, but it gets really hot and humid, so the walk might be alright now, but imagine the worst possible weather condition to do that journey every single day...with bags of shopping...arrggghhh!

But if you are happy with the shuttle bus and you got kids, then the facilities are fab and I saw quite a few Westerners staying there too.

Good luck with your search!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfu chef
    I had a look at this place 2 weeks ago on a day of back-to-back viewings around Mid-levels and 80 Robinson Road was too far from the escalators. It takes a further 15 minutes to get to the MTR once you get to the escalator, so it was just too far away from everything else for us.
    To get to the MTR from 80 Robinson you don't take the escalator, you take the bus - pretty much any bus running down Robinson or Caine will drop you outside an entrance to either Central or Admiralty MTRs. You'd only take the escalator if your destination was somewhere very adjacent to it (IFC, 100QRC, Exchange Square, etc), and only then when it isn't too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate from Oz
    We're finally here.

We've done a lot of research and have settled on Mid-levels for the time being as the place we'd like to live.

I've looked at numerous apartments, commute etc and this area fits perfectly for now.

One of the apartments we've viewed is 80 Robsinson Road.

Does anyone have any feedback on this complex?
    you´ll do nothing wrong moving to robinson 80. nice appartments, very good management (friends live there), super pool (if you don´t mind indoor) and other facilities. and of course quite convinient location. you have supermarkets in robinson road and cain road, via bonham road access short way to wet market. soho just few steps down.... and do not forget the rent. should be sth about 40000 hkd, thats quite good price for 1000qm in pretty new building in mid levels. good choice!

Thank-you everyone.

My husband works in Admiralty. He's thinking the buses and minibuses should be fine.

We looked at the buses and there seem to be mini buses running constantly from just out front of there.

From what we discovered it has two exits/entrances - Bonham Road and Robinson Road.

For us we liked that the apartments were renovated and the one we're looking at has a killer view of the harbour and city. A little smaller than we'd hoped but we've tried to find our middle ground and realised we have to compromise.

What would you expect to pay for an apartment in B complex very high up, with stunning very open views of the harbour from living room and 2 bedrooms. Also views from nearly every other window. 2 bedroom 1400 sq ft, newly renovated?

Quote Originally Posted by Kate from Oz
    Thank-you everyone.

What would you expect to pay for an apartment in B complex very high up, with stunning very open views of the harbour from living room and 2 bedrooms. Also views from nearly every other window. 2 bedroom 1400 sq ft, newly renovated?
    We had a look at some app at this building which meet exactly your description. the rent should be 46000 for 3 rooms, 42000 for 2 rooms. both app were totaly renovated and had brand new stuff in kitchen and bath

Quote Originally Posted by papaya
    We had a look at some app at this building which meet exactly your description. the rent should be 46000 for 3 rooms, 42000 for 2 rooms. both app were totaly renovated and had brand new stuff in kitchen and bath
    papaya, the advertised price is HK$65,000. They're only prepared to negotiate to a point of 3%.

Might prices have gone up of late or am I looking with the wrong agent?

Is that the one that has the bowling alley ??? Two towers? My husband and I looked at a few apartments on Robinson Rd - the location is great, but the apartments we looked, particularly the bedrooms were too pokey to comfortably fit in our furniture. I don't know how large you are looking for, but you can try Macdonnell Rd or Bowen Rd 's for larger apartments as it is convenient to walk down to Admiralty from these roads via the Hong Kong Park. It also is quieter and cooler up there, closer to the Peak ( for weekends), and close to the Bowen Rd Fitness Trail. The A12 bus goes via Admiralty from that area in a sort of loop, via Central. Merry Court has also spacious apartments. ( We looked at two, one I really liked but hubby thought that it was too high up for him, oh dear). There are buses , including the green minibuses that run very frequently down to Central and Admiralty, no worries there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast