Bar showing Villa v Sunderland?

Closed Thread

Bar showing Villa v Sunderland?

Erstwhile Villa season ticket holder disappointed with HK bars' focus on the big 4 seeks fellow brummie or Mackem for football watching and banter.

Are there any bars that show all games on different screens? Are there any persuadable landlords?

Sam

Doubt the bars will want to show the relegation dog fights!
    Seriously though The Everton derby will be on first as its the early kickoff.

There should be some bars in LKF and Wanchai showing the game, Sadly its a question of wondering around till you find one.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Doubt the bars will want to show the relegation dog fights!
    That would be the Man U v. Bolton match.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    There should be some bars in LKF and Wanchai showing the game, Sadly its a question of wondering around till you find one.
    Check out Old China Hand, (Wan Chai), but, as jimbo wrote, it may be a question of roaming around...

Go Black Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by squid:
    That would be the Man U v. Bolton match.

Check out Old China Hand, (Wan Chai), but, as jimbo wrote, it may be a question of roaming around...

Go Black Cats!
    Little late after the match but the White Stag in Wanchai is the home of Sunderland supporters in Hong Kong. I have a feeling i met the original poster last night...

Remember ....OFFICIAL Sunderland Supporters Club Hong Kong gets pissed in the White Stag ((also owned by a Sunderland bird))

PM me if you are an exile

Quote Originally Posted by My_little_pony:
    Little late after the match but the White Stag in Wanchai is the home of Sunderland supporters in Hong Kong. I have a feeling i met the original poster last night...

Remember ....OFFICIAL Sunderland Supporters Club Hong Kong gets pissed in the White Stag ((also owned by a Sunderland bird))

PM me if you are an exile
    I went to the White Stag last Saturday night to watch Sunderland v. Fulham. I asked the bar manager if they would be showing the match and he told me that he would ask around (nice enough of him - but the vote went against Sunderland)...I asked him where all the Sunderland supporters were and he laughed. Then I told him that I had read in an online forum (this one, as you guessed) that his pub was the place to watch the matches with other Sunderland fans - he laughed again and didn't know what I was talking about.

anyway - I'm not complaining...and I appreciate the post from My_little_pony. I just wanted to let others know so that they might avoid wasting time while searching for a match.

(The next match versus Newcastle will probably be on in most pubs...)

Quote Originally Posted by squid:
    I went to the White Stag last Saturday night to watch Sunderland v. Fulham. I asked the bar manager if they would be showing the match and he told me that he would ask around (nice enough of him - but the vote went against Sunderland)...I asked him where all the Sunderland supporters were and he laughed. Then I told him that I had read in an online forum (this one, as you guessed) that his pub was the place to watch the matches with other Sunderland fans - he laughed again and didn't know what I was talking about.

anyway - I'm not complaining...and I appreciate the post from My_little_pony. I just wanted to let others know so that they might avoid wasting time while searching for a match.

(The next match versus Newcastle will probably be on in most pubs...)
    Hmmm, I will be having words in the Stag tonight

I'm not suggesting that Sunderland are the best supported in Hong Kong and we do suffer when all of the cockneys come out to watch Man Utd but we do get a better crack of the whip in the Stag than in other places.

I can't always be there to harass the night management to put it on because of work so with a pub full of Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd it's sometimes difficult to swing the pendulum our way.

The FCC has multiple feeds and screens and can normally accommodate requests for 3 or 4 different games simultaneously if NOW has them on.

But you'd need to be with a member.

WTF I have got red blobbed with the comment "willy waving" for simply answering the question?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The FCC has multiple feeds and screens and can normally accommodate requests for 3 or 4 different games simultaneously if NOW has them on.

But you'd need to be with a member.
    Foreign Correspondents' Club? (sorry, it may be obvious to others )

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    WTF I have got red blobbed with the comment "willy waving" for simply answering the question?
    Sorry but I've just laughed out loud at that hahahaha