Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Best Laksa in Town

Banned

Best Laksa in Town

Obviously the best Laksa in the world is in a street stall, somewhere in Singapore or Malaysia. For those of us that aren't fortunate to be there at the moment, has anyone experienced similar quality in Hong Kong? If not, which shop comes closest?

Next discussion: Chicken Rice (Hainan chicken rice)!

Prawn Noodle Shop, Landale St, Admiralty. Go early to avoid the long queue. The place is closed on Sundays.
    I have been going there for laksa ever since another geoexpat member recommended it. Best laksa in town!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Katiedot and Load Toad like this.

Do you prefer the free ranch Chinese chicken or the American chicken? My niece who was raised in the US didn't like the former because (TO HER) they tasted different and too bony. The reason I asked was because you were inquiring where the best "Hainan chicken rice" was in HK and I was wondering if HK served American chickens or just exclusively Chinese free ranch chickens.

I think sargent chicken rice at any fd republic or foodcourt at taikoo, tung chung, olympic tst do a decent hainan chicken rice.
    Unfortunately i cant recommend any decent laksa in town andthough my standards are petty high for laksa, i can assure you im not one of those fussy perfectionists who complain that its never good enough.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I think Welcome to Malay Mama has good laksa, but recently I started making my own. You can get a packet of laksa paste (Can check the brand name and tell if anyone is interested) from Welcome superstore and add your own fish cakes, chicken, prawn, fried tofu, noodles etc etc..... and adjust the spice level to your taste.
    Last edited by quackquack; 08-02-2010 at 08:25 PM.
    psjylife and Load Toad like this.

+1 for Malay Mama in Sheung Wan!!

I really like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by quackquack
    I think Welcome to Malay Mama has good laksa, but recently I started making my own. You can get a packet of laksa paste (Can check the brand name and tell if anyone is interested) from Welcome superstore and add your own fish cakes, chicken, prawn, fried tofu, noodles etc etc..... and adjust the spice level to your taste.

Facebook User

might be out of context but i know where the worst laksa in town is... hahaha

There's a pretty good one on Jaffe Road in Wanchai... Patong or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip
    Prawn Noodle Shop, Landale St, Admiralty. Go early to avoid the long queue. The place is closed on Sundays.
    I have been going there for laksa ever since another geoexpat member recommended it. Best laksa in town!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    That may have been me. I have been going there for more than 10 years if memory serves me well. True lunchtime is the busiest time of the day and they will only hold bookings if all members have arrived. So you can't send a scout ahead to hold the seats like some do in McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay
    So you can't send a scout ahead to hold the seats like some do in McDonalds.
    People do that in Delifrance as well... really aggravating to leave the counter with your tray of food to find all the free tables have suddenly been occupied

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast