Good jazz club in town ??

Closed Thread

Good jazz club in town ??

Anybody know of any good jazz club that plays live music. Don't care if it's in HK or Kowloon side.

Planning to go on Friday or Satruday.

Thanks

On Friday nights they have jazz at Bert's in the FCC, but you'll need to be with a member to get any drinks.

Gecko has live jazz most nights.

The Fringe Club has live jazz from time to time - particularly the Satuyrday Night Jazz Orchestra once a month or so.

Lightbulb

There is also the Bluedoor jazz club: http://www.bluedoor.com.hk/

And, pardon the shameless plug , I run a music centre that puts on occasional (sort of monthly) jazz mini-concerts (60-100 audience). Please check http://im.innonation.com.hk

Swing/Lindy Dancing

Hi All,

I'll here in HK for two weeks and going back to Houston, I don't know anyone who dances swing/lindy hop here or any place that plays big band or Jazz music with a dance floor.

Can someone gives me some info?

I really like to be able to have a chance to dance here before going back .

Thank you.

There's also 'Ned Kelly's Last Stand' in Tsim Tsa Tsui. Jazz every night from around 9pm til late. Mostly trad jazz and swing and a fun place to go.

"The Fringe Club" in LKF is supposed to have the best Jazz performance on the last saturday of the month which means the 25th of Feb....

it begins at 10.30, but starts filling up by 930 pm. I think it has a cover charge of about a 100 hkd which is exchanged for a drink - this part I am not sure about.

Enjoy.

Warm regards,
    Rubina.

It's HK$80 including one standard drink if you are not a member of the Fringe Club.

Not sure there's space to dance though...

Thanks for all the replies. Went to both TST and the Fringe club.

The Japanese band is pretty good at the Fringe club last month and played all the classic jazz songs by Louis Armstrong and etc...

Because of family member's health condition, I have to stay in HK until end of April, at least.

Went with a friend who just came back from Houston too and two of her friends to the Grappa's at the Jardine House Central for the dance with live music by the Victoria Jazz Band.

Anyone who is interested in Jazz and the Swing / Lindy Hop dance, please join us next wednesday at the Grappa's Central from 8pm to 11 pm.