Like Tree3Likes

Best place to buy supplements

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

iHerb, even with (fast!!!) shipping the cheapest by far.

Regarding the mystery shop mentioned near the escalators, I believe it is The Store, mentioned in another thread.

Bodybuilding | Supplements | Vitmanis | Whey Protein | Fat Burners | Hong Kong

Their website is currently under maintenance so I will check them out sometime this week. I still have a hard time believing they will be cheaper than iHerb for pills. E.g. I can get 200 multivitamins for $50 - can you imagine those going for anything under $150-200 in HK? (more like $398 for 100 in GMC) Not to mention, the variety of weird and wonderful new supps that iHerb stock, if you're into that sort of thing.

But I buy bulk powders, e.g. protein, locally anyway, so will definitely swing by to check out The Store's prices.

I did some comparison and I don't find Iherb is cheap... compare to local shops?

Quote Originally Posted by ramelec:
    I did some comparison and I don't find Iherb is cheap... compare to local shops?
    It's like 1/2-1/3 of the price in HK.
    SalseroHK likes this.

Again, it depends what you're buying. iHerb pills are dirty cheap compared to HK. Bur for bulk powders like protein powders, BCAA, creatine, etc, not only is the postage gonna eat into your cost if you order from iHerb, but powders in HK are strangely not ludicrously overpriced.

For me it's more about the selection: in HK things are always out of stock and even phoning ahead does not guarantee they have it as the staff might not understand exactly what you are looking for.

Example: I am buying a specific flavor of ON protein powder. I went to multiple stores, no success. Finally I called and the staff of a HK shop told me they had it. I went down and they didn't have it (they had another flavor which sounds similar but tastes differently). Huge waste of time.

No such problems with iherb. I get exactly what I want. I'd rather spend a little bit more instead of running around HK to multiple shops trying to find what I want (with no guaranteed of success). Even more time saving for repeat orders. I buy from iherb at least once a month and am super happy.

Last edited by SalseroHK; 06-08-2015 at 03:46 PM.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SalseroHK:
    Example: I am buying a specific flavor of ON protein powder.
    So YOU'RE the one snaffling up all the vanilla!

Quote Originally Posted by MyCsPiTTa:
    Again, it depends what you're buying. iHerb pills are dirty cheap compared to HK. Bur for bulk powders like protein powders, BCAA, creatine, etc, not only is the postage gonna eat into your cost if you order from iHerb, but powders in HK are strangely not ludicrously overpriced.
    Absolutely right when you say about protein powders, BCAAs and Creatine which I am buying. Talking about the protein supplements - do anyone did any comparison and (where) to find the cheapest source for brands like ON nutrition, BSN, Muscletech?