Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance for one-man-band civil/structural engineer

Closed Thread

Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance for one-man-band civil/structural engineer

Hi all,

Have been working in large multinational engineering consultancies for a while and am considering doing some private work unconnected with my employer's business.

Can someone recommend an insurance broker who knows what PI is, and understands the needs of a one-man-band? I'm a civil / structural engineer registered in HK as an RPE.

Ta!

Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance

Difficult to get.

Quote Originally Posted by jrdwilkinson:
    Hi all,

Have been working in large multinational engineering consultancies for a while and am considering doing some private work unconnected with my employer's business.

Can someone recommend an insurance broker who knows what PI is, and understands the needs of a one-man-band? I'm a civil / structural engineer registered in HK as an RPE.

Ta!

Sorry for the late reply, but you would need to take the insurance under a company name. Many of the insurers would probably not insure you as an individual, but we could always try.

My business partner and I are in a similar situation and I'm wondering whether anyone here has had better luck?
    Thanks in advance!