Seiki 4k TV/Monitor - where to find in HK?

Closed Thread

Seiki 4k TV/Monitor - where to find in HK?

Anyone who does a lot of computer work would understand my motivation for wanting to find one of these. Does anyone have an idea of where I might be able to pick one of these up? I'd really like the 39" for my home office. It's available everywhere in the USA but as a relatively new tech worker in HK, I'm not sure where to find one.

Here's a link on Amazon for this 4K TV; should be findable for HK$4000-$5000.

I was looking for a 4K TV a few months back - for a Chinese branded one, that's being sold in the US (I can't quite remember the name) but it hadn't been released here in HK.

Based on US prices / Amazon prices, it was similar to the range you mentioned, possibly maybe even a little higher - but after checking with the stores here, was quoted that it would be in the range of around 15k, which is quite a bit of a premium.

This is somewhat surprising seeing as the TVs are likely made in China, but I wouldn't be surprised is this is something with the pricing of TVs in general here in HK, particularly from the big chains like Fortress / Broadway.

That's disappointing - $15k is certainly too much of a premium for it to be worth it; at that price, I'd rather just buy a Dell UltraSharp from overseas and ship it here. Thanks for the response!

STRML, please report back if you find a source in HK. I'd consider replacing my 2x28" (2560x1440)

Quote Originally Posted by wayland:
    STRML, please report back if you find a source in HK. I'd consider replacing my 2x28" (2560x1440)
    Try the dcs store. It's in causeway bay Windsor house shopping mall. I think it's on the 14 floor.

They sell 4k tv for around $6000.
    You can also see these on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by mikischu:
    Try the dcs store. It's in causeway bay Windsor house shopping mall. I think it's on the 14 floor.

They sell 4k tv for around $6000.
    You can also see these on their website.
    I see one on sale now. 40" 4K ready, Telken for $3550.

I googled and was unable to find anything about Telken. Think I'll pass.

You better cross the border and show one in Suning and buy a Skyworth 55E790U: 9599 CNY or on Taobao (8200 CNY).

Did anyone manage to locate a Seiki 39" in Hong Kong for a similar price as Amazon (US$340 / ~HK$2650)? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanh Viet:
    You better cross the border and show one in Suning and buy a Skyworth 55E790U: 9599 CNY or on Taobao (8200 CNY).
    Curious, but if you were to buy one from China and take it back / ship it back, what sort of customs tax (if any) would there be?

Quote Originally Posted by mlclau:
    Curious, but if you were to buy one from China and take it back / ship it back, what sort of customs tax (if any) would there be?
    From China to Hong Kong? Nada.