Like Tree12Likes

Sai Kung Lee Siu Yam Memorial Primary School

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Triastuti:
    Hi, can anybody share experience to me if I want to put my daughter in chinese stream...we are non chinese parents....i believe the earlier she learns Chinese the easier for her to pick up the language. However we still have doubts.
    What you say is quite true she will pick up Chinese quickly . However you will need a homework tutor to help her with her homework minimum one hour six nights a week . All the considerable homework 'notices 'on line study even math all in Chinese character . This is for p1: even then it will be tough for her without Chinese speaker at home and tough for you .it's worthwhile in the end but you need compensate properly for you being unable to help her in the early years when she needs your help the most to avoid her falling behind her peers. I am a westerner but reasonably fluent in written and spoken Chinese but even for me my daughter p1homework takes a massive amount of time
    wtbhotia and carang like this.

both of my kids are in the chinese stream. while not impossible for non-chinese-speaking kids, it is very challenging.....