Zuhai / Shenzhen furniture Shopping

Closed Thread

Zuhai / Shenzhen furniture Shopping

Hi,

I am looking at redesigning my house and need some advice.

Anybody done the tours offered by below companies ?

http://www.antiqueszhuhai.com/
    http://www.homeredesignhk.com/zhuhaitrips.html

I am looking to buy some good quality furniture and keen to understand if the tour was helpful.

Any idea where the warehouses are located ? and if they are other any other companies / tour guides who would be able to help out ?

I am also exploring options in Shenzhen so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    mrav

Hi
    I haven't been on the tours but Shenzhen is fairly convenient and easy to navigate. The only thing I would suggest is to have a map and have the locations written in english and chines because the taxi drivers are not always familiar with the areas.
    The Yizhan area have several malls, it'll take you a few days to get through them all.
    I would recommend connect with David at DSL Furniture, we picked up our sofa and bed from them.

Thank you! Is there any specific place that you recommend for antiques or curios ?
    I am not looking for anything too authentic or the like but something that stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomm:
    Hi
    I haven't been on the tours but Shenzhen is fairly convenient and easy to navigate. The only thing I would suggest is to have a map and have the locations written in english and chines because the taxi drivers are not always familiar with the areas.
    The Yizhan area have several malls, it'll take you a few days to get through them all.
    I would recommend connect with David at DSL Furniture, we picked up our sofa and bed from them.

In Shenzhen there are quite a few furniture shops on/around Baoan Bei Lu (宝安北路). Start at the northern end (there is a B&Q) and walk down the road.

There is a bus from Lowu border on the west side of the rail tracks. I think it was #18, not sure though.

It really depends on what you are looking for. For solid wood stuff, I would avoid anything made down there as it tends to crack badly. The wood is generally not dried enough.

For upholstery and other items you should be "ok." The south is a good place for this sort of thing. Source: I made furniture for a living.