Like Tree7Likes

APEC Travel Card for US Citizens

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

So from Xi'an today, special lane shut, but spoke to an agent an she took me to the front of the line for immigration clearance.

I usually use my US-issued ABTC in PVG and never had an issue. Going to try it for KL and some other places soon. I've found (in PVG at least), there are special lines that are blocked off by red rope and usually manned by one or two agents who check your ABTC (or other qualification) before letting you use the special lanes.

I am looking forward to one day getting PR and then having a card with actual approved countries on the back. :P

For those with HK APEC cards we are not going to get Taiwan on the card. However are you able to use the APEC lanes at Taiwanese airports? According to a posting on Flyertalk, you can still use APEC lanes even though you have not been pre-cleared for a country.

I used my VIRGIN APEC card last friday at Huangguan border - SZ, the immigration lady took my card and placed it to the side and never bothered with it, bit of a let down, thought she would swipe it, turn it around and look at the back etc etc, nope did sweet FA with it, anyways as long as I could use special lane I was still happy. I felt special for 2 mins

From the APEC summit:

"We commit to continue expanding the number of holders of the APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) and to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of ABTC scheme."

"We support the End-to-End Review of the present APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Scheme, and remain committed to its further improvement and development with our concerted efforts. We welcome the in-principle agreement to extend the validity of the ABTC to 5 years. We appreciate the endeavors of transitional members of the ABTC Scheme to become full members."

wtbhotia likes this.