HK and China prepaid sim

Closed Thread

HK and China prepaid sim

My sister is coming over for a few weeks and will be in both HK and China. Is there a prepaid sim that you can get that can be used in both HK and China and have data so she can look to Google Maps and do some simple searching?

Quote Originally Posted by methosb:
    My sister is coming over for a few weeks and will be in both HK and China. Is there a prepaid sim that you can get that can be used in both HK and China and have data so she can look to Google Maps and do some simple searching?
    Most of the China Unicom prepaid cards will have both an HK and Chinese number. I use the 3G Go but that costs more than some of the other cards available. Most of the sim card hawkers in Sham Shui Po for example, can direct you to the best card to use for a few weeks.

Fyi- Google maps and search is currently blocked in China so when you do cross over, either you install a VPN or use one of the chinese search engines.

I can also confirm that since your technically roaming in China. All those evil and dirty websites such as Facebook, Google Search and other non approved stuff is accessible.

Was still ok on last trip 31 August 2014 using CMHK super roaming card.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks