Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By anujroy

Indian channels in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Indian channels in Hong Kong

After reading through many forum discussions, I am still not clear. How does one get Indian TV channels here.

Yes there are now TV and cable which offer few channels but at a pretty high price. Is there any other options. I have heard about iptv options. There is something called jadoo TV, sunmoon TV and super iptv, do they work? Any other options?

Thanks in advance.

Maige tv has Indian Channels. Service just resumed recently. All u need is an internet line and plug and play.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Just curious, what do you Indians like to watch usually on Indian channels? I know a Indian colleague who fanatically watches cricket on Star Cricket channel. But as for the rest of you, what do you like to watch?

Last edited by Watercooler; 19-07-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Responding to my own thread for the benefit of some fellow Indian in future hopefully

One needs to take a iptv box as the channels that come with NOW or cable are few and very expensive with commitment for 12-24 months. IPTV boxes are normally plug and play (if you have the password) and one time payment to buy the box and no monthly fees.

The most popular option is Jadoo TV, you can call on this number 6748 8919 who will provide the box. Or check out the numbers of master distributors at Reseller Details – OFFICIAL JadooTV Website (this should be 500 odd HKD cheaper)

Reseller Details – OFFICIAL JadooTV Website

Should cost you 2500-3000 HKD depending upon who you are calling and how much you can negotiate. You will get all Indian channels and quite good reception. I don't have list of channels, but think good coverage of Indian GEC, news, sports + pakistani etc. And good menu. You can do some search to find out the channels,

Other option is real TV - call 6509 4777, decent reception and coverage and additionally you get international channels (movies, sports etc). 3000 HKD (may be negotiable, but does not look like). the channels - www.realtv123.com

Happy viewing

Last edited by anujroy; 31-07-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    Apjace, Aqeel17, wtbhotia and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Just curious, what do you Indians like to watch usually on Indian channels? I know a Indian colleague who fanatically watches cricket on Star Cricket channel. But as for the rest of you, what do you like to watch?
    We watch cricket, the wives (and mothers) watch soap (in Hindi or any other regional language), Hindi / regional movies, reality shows and kids watch Indian cartoon.

thank you..this is quite informative

Which box is best jadoo tv,shava tv

Jadoo is totally money waste product.. Big scam.. About shava, dont know

I have heard that you need some code for Jadoo TV and Real TV after some time. Does anyone have more info on this?

Try bestbox.net. Very nice and stable with own app...and Indian channels and VOD