Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By threelittlepigs
  • 1 Post By sunfields

Panglao, Bohol

Closed Thread

Panglao, Bohol

Hello all,

My brother is arranging a trip for the family in the Philippines in January and is looking at Panglao in Bohol as a destination.

Other than being a bit of a pain to get to, has anybody visited there who could give me some idea as to what it's like? Happy for any feedback, good or bad.

Have visited Cebu before so have some experience of the Philippines but no idea what to expect in Bohol. We will have a 3 year old traveling with us, so just want to make sure we're not heading somewhere too isolated before we agree to go!

Thanks in advance!

I've gone to Bohol to go scuba diving. It's a quiet little place with not much to do. Not as touristy as other places and not as upscale as Boraguay.

Stu79 likes this.

Thanks for that. I take it the diving is good? I went to Moalboal in Cebu a few years back and the diving there was great!

I'm from the PH and have gone to Bohol a couple of times. As mentioned, Panglao is very quiet.

Alona Beach is the main beach with a string of resorts/restaurants side by side. It's also the starting point for certain tours. IMO, Alona is good but not the best beach for swimming there (if you insist, the best bit of sand is in front of Alona Palm Beach Resort). But you can probably get a good diving tour from there, enjoy a drink, and get a beachfront massage. If you stay in certain resorts, then you'll probably get to enjoy a pristine private beach. Otherwise, you can go for a day pass in Bohol Beach Club or something.

Aside from the beach, island-hopping, and diving, people usually opt for a tour to the Chocolate Hills, the tarsiers, and the old Spanish-era churches (though many had been destroyed/damaged by last year's earthquake...).

Would recommend a meal at Bohol Bee Farm, but you'll probably have to arrange transportation going there.

P.S. I imagine you'd enjoy Coron in Palawan. Absolute diver's paradise and my favorite place on Earth

Stu79 likes this.