Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jmbf

Hong kong as only place to live in

Closed Thread

So i saw in the gov.hk that they are giving a hong kong residency for those people who wish to stay in hong kong even if they have not yet stayed in hong kong for seven year. What does it mean that i have to make hong kong as a permanent residence does that mean i cannot live in a different country or reside in my own country any more.

I studied in hong kong for 4 years then went back to my own country to study is it possible to apply for hk recidency i have been an dependent of my family for 10 years now

Link please?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Can't see why they would offer this, what is in it for Hong Kong? The only reason I can think of is if they are expecting a brain drain and they want to keep people, but even then surely it would be selective.

Erm, unless I'm reading the information in your link wrong, it still says you must be in HK for at least 7 years to apply for permanent residency.

Brief:For persons not of Chinese nationality resident in HK for not less than 7 years applying for the status of a permanent resident in the HKSAR to declare having taken Hong Kong as only place of permanent residence

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

drumbrake and wtbhotia like this.

Only if you fit the criteria below...most need 7 years continuous residence.

GovHK: Verification of Eligibility for a Permanent Identity Card